Stovebolt.com
Posted By: John Milliman Something we can identify with ... - Fri Aug 14 2020 04:08 PM
If the Big City Nonsense ever spills out into the hinterlands, they are going to run into a bunch of guys who, unlike the “Not F---ing Around Coalition,” know how to handle a firearm properly -- US!

Perfect meme, though -- after all these years, he still has the steely, direct gaze which conveys the fact that no matter who you are, he's still obeying General Order 2 and 7, the proper position of port arms, closed bolt (because he's ready to send rounds down range if ordered or to fix his bayonet or to just buttstroke you ...) but yet his finger is not within the trigger guard (because the safety is off). I have no doubt he could lay the Garand down and pick up his Ka-Bar (which is no doubt on the table beside him) and go to work equally well. Once a Marine ...

Semper Fi!

Attached picture image.png
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: Something we can identify with ... - Fri Aug 14 2020 06:00 PM
Careful John, this is a little political.
Myself, I dare them to protest whatever, near our land!
It't hard to believe that cities allow these radicals to to loot, burn and attack our LEO's.
The left wing highly payed media is the instigator!

Well, I have to stop there!
But I do support our military and first responders!
Defund the Police? WTF!

You got me wound up now John.
Think I'll try and take a nap. And think about getting that 1948 Chevy 2-Ton to JohnnyRib in S.E. Missouri Sunday.
And you thought you were good at stealing threads!

Don

Edit: BTW the new 12,000# winch worked well loading it!

Attached picture IMG_2712[1].JPG
Attached picture IMG_2713[1].JPG
Posted By: Achipmunk Re: Something we can identify with ... - Fri Aug 14 2020 09:04 PM
Easy as you go guys, I'll show you what power I have!!!
Posted By: John Milliman Re: Something we can identify with ... - Fri Aug 14 2020 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by Achipmunk
Easy as you go guys, I'll show you what power I have!!!

Bring it, Zoomie!

nanner
Posted By: Hotrod Lincoln Re: Something we can identify with ... - Mon Nov 02 2020 06:20 AM
I just got a new T shirt- - - - - -

"I'm too old to fight- - - - -
I'm too slow to run- - - - -
I'm tired- - - - -
My feet hurt, and so does my back- - - - -
Mess with me, and I'll just have to shoot you and be done with it!"

LOL!
Jerry
Posted By: glenns towing Re: Something we can identify with ... - Mon Nov 02 2020 05:06 PM
Lol. Exactly thumbs_up
Posted By: Rusty Rod Re: Something we can identify with ... - Tue Nov 03 2020 03:06 AM
I'm ready for anything or nothing. Hoping for nothing, but then hope is not a course of action.

I did take my "new to me" M1 Garand out a few weeks ago. It shoots nice and straight. The best part is that it doesn't bother my shoulder at all!! Unlike my 30.06 Arisaka.

On top of all that, I "misplaced" my 1911. I recently travelled with it, and figured someone snatched it or I left it at one of my relatives places'. I really felt naked without it, so I purchased the same model as I had before. It also shoots nice and straight!! Bigger'n (censored), I was digging around in my desk drawer and "found" a pistol box with my original 1911.. duh.. I don't even remember putting it there.... my wife prolly stuck it in there when she was unpacking.
Posted By: Hotrod Lincoln Re: Something we can identify with ... - Tue Nov 03 2020 05:32 AM
My "Up-armored" Ram 1500 has a couple of .45 ACP's stashed away in oddball locations- - - - -a 1911 and a Bersa Thunder, plus a box of ammo. My carry piece is a Polish P-64 in 9 X 18 Makarov. The pocket rocket and a spare magazine might get me to my truck where the real firepower lives! I think it was Col. Jeff Cooper who said "A handgun is only good for fighting your way to a rifle!" That's the next project!
Jerry
Posted By: Rusty Rod Re: Something we can identify with ... - Tue Nov 03 2020 06:01 PM
I traded my makarov for part of a 55 new yorker... i should have just ante'd up more cash
Posted By: John Milliman Re: Something we can identify with ... - Sun Nov 08 2020 12:57 PM
Rusty -- What's so great about a Markarov? Isn't it just a warmed over, dumbed down/ruggedized copy of a Walther?
Posted By: Rusty Rod Re: Something we can identify with ... - Sun Nov 08 2020 07:42 PM
Sir John, the Makarov was a nice solid pistol that shot straight and was comfortable in my hand. I let it go because it was occasionally a pita to acquire the boom portion.
Posted By: hardshell Re: Something we can identify with ... - Mon Nov 09 2020 01:38 AM
My motto is "stay armed" these days. I bought my first handgun in 2007 when my wife and I made a grand road trip to the west coast. I got into a strange part of the backwoods in Colorado and was glad we had Smith and Wesson riding along. I hope I never have to shoot anyone. I just want to have my guns and not need them. I always believe I'd rather be judged by 12 instead of carried by 6 . I grew up with .22 rifles and shotguns but I prefer rifle hunting with my old marlin 3030 these days........ Everyone be careful, turmoil will definitely come if this election winds up being called for fraud.

Jim
Posted By: Achipmunk Re: Something we can identify with ... - Mon Nov 09 2020 09:05 PM
Lets keep things on topic and not stray from the intended purpose of this forum. Thanks everyone.
Posted By: SmithLakeChevy Re: Something we can identify with ... - Tue Nov 10 2020 12:31 AM
John,

That picture speaks volumes!

Thank you for your service and thank you to all of the ladies and gentlemen on this site and everywhere that are serving and have served this country.

It is because of you and others that 2-Ton can think about getting that 1948 Chevy 2-Ton to JohnnyRib in S.E. Missouri Sunday. This site would probably not exist if not for the men and women who have sacrificed so much for what so many take for granted.

This is not political, it is just the truth.

Phillip
Posted By: John Milliman Re: Something we can identify with ... - Tue Nov 10 2020 02:40 PM
Rusty -- Works for me.
Posted By: Hotrod Lincoln Re: Something we can identify with ... - Tue Nov 10 2020 09:34 PM
The P-64 Polish Mak I carry is a dead ringer for a PPK- - - -except it's chambered for 9 X 18- - - - -halfway between a .380 and 9MM Luger. With Hornady Critical Defense 100 grain hollowpoint handloads, it makes BIG holes in ballistic gelatin. It also drops possums, racoons, armadillos and various other garbage can raiders "D.R.T.". I haven't had to use it on any 2-legged varmints yet!
Jerry
Posted By: John Milliman Re: Something we can identify with ... - Wed Nov 11 2020 01:46 AM
SmithLakeChevy -- Thank you -- Your words humble me.

It was not a sacrifice to serve, it was a privilege and an honor.

Semper Fidelis,
John
© The Stovebolt Forums