Stovebolt.com
Posted By: colemanbuilding Hello from San Pablo, CA - Tue Oct 12 2021 11:10 PM
It's great to see this website!
I recently was passed down a 1950 3600 Chevy. It's got a blown (seized) 235 in it, but has a (seemingly) good 292 that came with the package. I don't know if the 292 will easily bolt up to the sm420 4 speed. I have heard that I will need to add engine mounts to the frame. I am wondering if I should use the 292 or buy a running 235 that would drop in easily.
I would greatly appreciate any advice or thoughts on the matter. I don't plan to restore this, I just need it to run decent!
Thanks Stovebolt community!
Posted By: Justhorsenround Re: Hello from San Pablo, CA - Wed Oct 13 2021 12:21 PM
Welcome to the Stovebolt madness. There is no cure! shake
FYI, questions don’t normally get answered here in the Welcome Center. Post your question in the Engine Shop Forum for expert help.
Posted By: Achipmunk Re: Hello from San Pablo, CA - Wed Oct 13 2021 02:10 PM
Welcome to Stovebolt. Sounds like you have an interesting project.....and a blown 235! Hmmm Wow.
As Martin mentioned, ask your questions in the garage forums and we'll do the rest. Good luck, see you around the garage.
Posted By: J Lucas Re: Hello from San Pablo, CA - Wed Oct 13 2021 02:17 PM
Hello Coleman, glad you found us. thumbs_up By now I'm sure you know that there is no better website than the "Stovebolt" for sharing information on older GM trucks. As Martin stated, the best way to get your questions answered is to post them in the most relevant forum. We're all about community and sharing. You know what they always say "A picture is worth a thousand words". Once you get settled in and familiar with our site, feel free to post (share) a couple pics of your 1950 3600.

Welcome

John
Posted By: colemanbuilding Re: Hello from San Pablo, CA - Wed Oct 13 2021 04:41 PM
Thanks!
I realized I was rambling in the wrong place after I submitted the post.
I will get the hang of it sooner or later....

Coleman
Posted By: Rusty Rod Re: Hello from San Pablo, CA - Thu Oct 14 2021 03:36 PM
Welcome to the 'bolt. please post some pictures.
© The Stovebolt Forums