Stovebolt.com
Posted By: Kenny Who Hello folks - Fri Sep 18 2020 02:07 PM
Just joined yesterday on advice from Chevys of the 40s. I have a '49 Studebaker PU..so I am a truckguy at heart. Currently I am the 4th owner of a '48 Chevy Coupe trying to get it back on the road with a modern drivetrain. It has a SBC 350/TH350, PDB and I just put in a power rack from a Cavalier. I have a tilt/telescopic col from a Caddy. Next comes the dash repaint and new wiring. I'm running a GM 1-wire Alternator. It's sometimes hard because
I didn't take it apart and everytime it changed hands I think "stuff" went missing. I am trying to figure out how to correctly wire the Ammeter up. I have a dropping resistor for the fuel gauge.
Thanks everyone for the kind welcome.
From central OH.

Attached picture 20200911_122931.jpg
Posted By: Rusty Rod Re: Hello folks - Fri Sep 18 2020 06:09 PM
Welcome Kenny. Since this is a truck site, 99.9% of posts that refer to car related info get sent to the Greasy Spoon. Feel free to ask questions that can be related to a truck, but once the "car" is out of the bag, then off to the GS.
Posted By: Justhorsenround Re: Hello folks - Fri Sep 18 2020 07:35 PM
Well, somebody needs to have a chat with the folks over at Chevy of the 40s and remind them this is a Truck site. Plus your “Car” isn’t even stock. You even had the cajones to post a picture of a car on a Truck site. The good news is you are welcome to be a member even without a Chevy/GMC Truck. Maybe we can convert you. Your questions about cars will/should be moved to the Greasy Spoon as Rusty has said.
Posted By: Kenny Who Re: Hello folks - Fri Sep 18 2020 09:46 PM
Thanks folks. I am really not a jerk and I love old trucks. I didn't know what the Greasy Spoon was/is. 😔
Posted By: Achipmunk Re: Hello folks - Sat Sep 19 2020 03:35 AM
Hello Kenny and welcome to the Stovebolt. Don't feel bad, many of us, including me, own old cars as well as trucks. Some things can pertain to the car as well as the truck, say a question about a 235 engine......or a 350 engine question in the Hi Po forum....... I know a few of us here also belong to the VCCA...Vintage Chevrolet Club of America. You can do tech talk there but to get the full benefits there you have to join and pay dues. Most all the sites we visit has a little something different to offer with the exception of trucks...if its old chevy trucks then this is the place!
I may add that most of the guys at the VCCA are "purist" so hot rodded and modified don't fit well there but they did finally add a forum for "modified" cars.

Good luck on your projects and as mentioned, don't be afraid to drop a question in the Greasy Spoon. See you around the garage and be sure to watch for bolters from your area..they are quite a few here.
Posted By: J Lucas Re: Hello folks - Sat Sep 19 2020 02:50 PM
Cool car Kenny. thumbs_up Glad you found us. The ideal spot to share your picture would be the sub forum for daily drivers in the Greasy Spoon.

Welcome to the Stovebolt.

John
© The Stovebolt Forums