Stovebolt.com
Posted By: ITSA42 newby from Iowa - Wed Jun 24 2020 08:35 PM
Hello, My name is Gordy,
\Took me about 3 years to make a 1942 fire truck cab into a chevy short box pickup. Found a 1979 chevy long bed pickup truck. Used that chassis to build this pickup. Took 24" out of the frame. Small bock chevy motor with a 400 turbo tranny. Did all the work myself except the body work and paint, and interior. First time I tried something like this. Fun Fun.
Looked over this web site many times in the last 3 years but never took the time to join. Have some parts to sell when I can figure out what to do and how to post it!! Still learning at an old age.
Hopefully I have a couple of pics from where it started and the finished pickup.

Attached picture IMG-0270.jpg
Attached picture IMG-0118.jpg
Posted By: Rusty Rod Re: newby from Iowa - Wed Jun 24 2020 08:41 PM
Welcome to the 'bolt. Nice looking truck.. There are several members that have fire trucks here.. understanding yours is not anymore.
Posted By: Justhorsenround Re: newby from Iowa - Wed Jun 24 2020 09:32 PM
Welcome to the Stovebolt madness. There is no cure! shake

Post your for sale ads in the Swap Meet Forum. Be sure to read the forum rules before posting. Always include the price.
Posted By: Achipmunk Re: newby from Iowa - Wed Jun 24 2020 09:41 PM
Nice....welcome to SB
Posted By: ITSA42 Re: newby from Iowa - Wed Jun 24 2020 11:47 PM
thanks you all. Have to figure out how to run all this stuff. HA HA Thought it would be more fun to drive a pickup than a fire truck on a Sunday afternoon.
Posted By: WE b OLD Re: newby from Iowa - Thu Jun 25 2020 01:00 AM
thumbs_up
Posted By: J Lucas Re: newby from Iowa - Fri Jun 26 2020 04:37 AM
Great job. thumbs_up Welcome.

John
© The Stovebolt Forums