Stovebolt.com
Posted By: mendonjo Jim Carter's stainless "strips/spears" on a truck - Sun Sep 22 2019 11:27 AM
Hello Everyone,

Have any of you installed Jim Carter's Panel-body rear-fender stainless "strips/spears" on a pickup? Jim's instructions say that some tweaking will be required on the rear fenders and I was wondering how much trouble it was. I have been thinking about buying a set of these stainless goodies for a long time (they are on backorder now).

Joe

P.S. Thanks for the tip Tim
I'm curious as to why the set made for the pickup truck needs to be tweaked to fit the pickup fender. ??

pickup trims

Tim
Posted By: 52Carl Re: Jim Carter's stainless "strips/spears" on a truck - Mon Sep 30 2019 02:13 AM
Rear truck fenders are not the same shape as panel fenders.
Yes I know that, but they are supposed to be made for the truck fenders.Different part number than the panel truck trims they sell.

Tim
Posted By: jrs48pu Re: Jim Carter's stainless "strips/spears" on a truck - Mon Sep 30 2019 04:00 AM
I purchased fenter trim a couple of years ago when the first came out. The rear trim fits fine just need to add two extra clips to trim so that they since down nice on to rear part of fender. I bought clips at Napa Auto parts. I made aluminum clip inserts with a magnet taped to the clip, this allowed me to position and mock-up trim. If anyone needs any additional info I have many photos showing install and mock-up.
Posted By: jrs48pu Re: Jim Carter's stainless "strips/spears" on a truck - Mon Sep 30 2019 04:12 AM
see photos

Attached picture rear fender 02.jpg
Attached picture rear fender01.jpg
Looks like Carter's took the listing off of there site today.
Posted By: sstock Re: Jim Carter's stainless "strips/spears" on a truck - Mon Sep 30 2019 07:02 PM
They probably read this thread.
© The Stovebolt Forums