Stovebolt.com
Posted By: jmlloar site change - Sat Mar 21 2020 01:32 AM
I don't know if anyone else is having this problem since the changes but there is no margine on the right now and as such the $&^$ page button to move in a topic is under the scroll bar.

And as such THIS SUCKS
Posted By: Tiny Re: site change - Sat Mar 21 2020 11:45 AM
What device are you using?
Posted By: jmlloar Re: site change - Sat Mar 21 2020 03:53 PM
computer with windows 10
Posted By: Tiny Re: site change - Sat Mar 21 2020 05:03 PM
I'm not having a problem. Have you tried ctrl/- to reduce the size?
Posted By: baldeagle Re: site change - Sat Mar 21 2020 09:22 PM
Try maximizing the window. IOW, click on the Green button in the upper left-hand corner. If your window is larger than your screen, maximizing will reduce it to the size of the screen. Another thing you can do is grab a side edge, or the bottom or top, and drag it down to make a non-maximized window smaller. Sometimes, closing and reopening your browser will fix the problem as well.
Posted By: jmlloar Re: site change - Sat Mar 21 2020 09:24 PM
That just changes the size.
The issue is there is 0 right margin and on a topic that has more than one page the back arrow is fine but the forward arrow after page numbers is under the scroll bar and when I try to move forward in page number it scrolls the page..

The page needs to be centered in the window. or add some margin to the right side
Posted By: Tiny Re: site change - Sat Mar 21 2020 09:56 PM
That is really odd. I don't have that issue at all.

Attached picture Page.jpg
Posted By: baldeagle Re: site change - Sat Mar 21 2020 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by jmlloar
That just changes the size.
The issue is there is 0 right margin and on a topic that has more than one page the back arrow is fine but the forward arrow after page numbers is under the scroll bar and when I try to move forward in page number it scrolls the page..

The page needs to be centered in the window. or add some margin to the right side
Can you post a screenshot? I'm not sure I'm understanding you correctly. Also, tell us what style you are using.
Posted By: WE b OLD Re: site change - Sat Mar 21 2020 10:45 PM
I am using An Android and no problems. This gives me a chance to say thanks I like the new format to Paul.
Posted By: tclederman Re: site change - Sun Mar 22 2020 12:21 AM
I like almost all of the new/different features of the new format.
I am still finding new things; and, I am still getting used to new things.

However, the vertical-bar cursor (when composing a post) is hard to see/find.
Can the cursor style be changed by the user?

Thanks for all your good works, Paul
Posted By: DADS50 Re: site change - Sun Mar 22 2020 01:55 AM
Ipad screen shot

Left and right margins are right up to screen

But it may have been like that before?

Attached picture 12C8B2E4-2564-44B4-8ACF-880E067865D2.png
Attached picture 58AF1F4A-F109-461C-BD6A-47B8CA41F7C8.jpeg
Posted By: Gord&Fran Re: site change - Sun Mar 22 2020 04:27 AM
I find that the site works fine with Chromium, Firefox and Brave (OK, Brave is actually a variant of Chromium).

You might try a different browser.

Firefox has troubleshooting tips: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/k...roblems#w_2-clear-your-cookies-and-cache
Posted By: jmlloar Re: site change - Sun Mar 22 2020 01:00 PM
ok
notice the bottom right corner

Attached picture page problem.jpg
Posted By: jmlloar Re: site change - Sun Mar 22 2020 01:01 PM
If you can just add a few spaces to the right margin it should be fine
Posted By: Tiny Re: site change - Sun Mar 22 2020 01:09 PM
What browser are you using? Your left margin appears to be way too wide. I see a 100% in the bottom right of your image that's not part of Firefox. If that's adjustable you might lower it to 90% & see if that brings everything back to normal.
Posted By: jmlloar Re: site change - Tue Mar 24 2020 12:05 AM
changing zoom only changes font size

I'm using internet explorer 11. I like the way it works.

site was fine until the recent changes....
Posted By: WE b OLD Re: site change - Fri Mar 27 2020 01:45 PM
What about the verticle lines next to the search glass. I don't want to click on it because of an issue that I had it corrected.
Posted By: Justhorsenround Re: site change - Fri Mar 27 2020 02:13 PM
All that does is take you to full screen with no margin. Click it again and it goes back to what your previous page view was.
Posted By: 63 C-10 Carolina Fleetside Re: site change - Fri Mar 27 2020 03:47 PM
I didn't notice any change. I'm running a MacBook Pro, or iPad
Posted By: Gord&Fran Re: site change - Fri Mar 27 2020 06:25 PM
This site is doing well.

Another site I visit changed it's software to something called "UNIT3D". That site is horrible now - some people have quit. I don't go there as much as I used to.
Posted By: klhansen Re: site change - Fri Mar 27 2020 06:53 PM
I definitely like ubbthreads more than others. One forum I've been on for about 20 years started out with ubbthreads, migrated to vbulletin (which was just OK), and recently switched to something called XenForo, which has it's limitations. The Smileys are generic crap, and they've lost a lot of the original tech info that was on a FAQ page (they say they're working on getting that valuable stuff back - we'll see ohwell). Newer is not always better.
I have no complaints here.

John and the crew are doing an awesome job. Thanks guys!
Posted By: WE b OLD Re: site change - Fri Mar 27 2020 07:01 PM
Martin wasn't that his issue?
Posted By: Justhorsenround Re: site change - Fri Mar 27 2020 07:16 PM
Ron, I’m not sure.
Posted By: Scott Danforth Re: site change - Fri Mar 27 2020 10:23 PM
Stupid question...... since my avatar is now gone..... where do I edit my profile to get the avatar back?
Posted By: Justhorsenround Re: site change - Fri Mar 27 2020 10:47 PM
Click on your screen name at the top of the page. In the drop down you will see Edit Profile. Click on that.
Posted By: jmlloar Re: site change - Sat Mar 28 2020 02:04 AM
Its a simple problem.

THERE ARE NO MARGINS when using IE10. IE10 only gives you the option to align to right or left. If there was a "center" option it would be great, but since I cant do it up to the site.
Add a little margin to the right and issue will be fixed.
Posted By: Scott Danforth Re: site change - Sat Mar 28 2020 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by Justhorsenround
Click on your screen name at the top of the page. In the drop down you will see Edit Profile. Click on that.
got that far, just no place in the profile edit screen to add an avatar pic, not even in the edit signature sub-panel. I originally had it ported over from another forum...... long prior to stovebolt upgrading the servers in 2017. either Im an idiot, or its not there when logged in as me.

so, please, show me where on the edit profile screen pics that I attached where I would go to add/change the avatar pic.

Attached picture stovebolt-pic-1.jpg
Attached picture stovebolt-pic-2.jpg
Posted By: Tiny Re: site change - Sat Mar 28 2020 03:06 PM
The default non-mod avatar is the first letter of your handle. In this case it's an S. Mods are the only ones with an avatar.
Posted By: Justhorsenround Re: site change - Sat Mar 28 2020 03:37 PM
Thanks for setting me straight Tiny. For some strange reason I thought Scott was a Moderator. Didn’t realize his screen name wasn’t in green.

Sorry Scott, you just can’t have one. Volunteer to be a Moderator and then you can get one.
Posted By: 2-Ton Re: site change - Sat Mar 28 2020 05:25 PM
I didn't volunteer to be a moderator.
I was drafted and told I was one.

Don
Posted By: Scott Danforth Re: site change - Sat Mar 28 2020 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by Justhorsenround
Thanks for setting me straight Tiny. For some strange reason I thought Scott was a Moderator. Didn’t realize his screen name wasn’t in green.

Sorry Scott, you just can’t have one. Volunteer to be a Moderator and then you can get one.

would love to, however i dont have time to actively be a moderator yet.... thanks for setting me straight.
© The Stovebolt Forums