Stovebolt.com
Posted By: jorb Where did the search button go? - Wed Mar 18 2020 04:07 AM
Where did the search button go?
Posted By: klhansen Re: Where did the search button go? - Wed Mar 18 2020 06:00 AM
Magnifying glass symbol to the right of the header under your username.
Posted By: DADS50 Re: Where did the search button go? - Wed Mar 18 2020 12:52 PM
Yep

Ive had better luck using search feature on top of page

Between features..and Hoo-Ya shop
Posted By: HandyAndy Re: Where did the search button go? - Wed Mar 18 2020 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by DADS50
Ive had better luck using search feature on top of page

Between features..and Hoo-Ya shop

That seems to work best for me too!
Posted By: Peggy M Re: Where did the search button go? - Wed Mar 18 2020 03:20 PM
I just noticed the magnifying glass the other day when I was heading towards the private messages. It seems a number of things are going to images for linking ... like the series of lines used for a menu drop down (I'm very familiar with that from our library, Walmart, Amazon ... probably a lot of places).

I still like *our* link in the menu line-up because we have two ways to search on the site. I'm not sure if the magnifying search button searches the site, the forum, the www.

I wonder if the "scroll" on the screen is part of the program, or something we added?? My cell phone has a scroll in two places (annoying for such a small screen) and when there's one with the site I'm looking at. Extra annoying. Not so bad if you have a big screen, I guess.

When I go somewhere looking, I look for a search feature of some sort. When not a lot of obvious links, I look for a spy glass.

Peg
Posted By: jorb Re: Where did the search button go? - Wed Mar 18 2020 05:12 PM
I guess I didn't get the memo on the new forum software upgrade.

Primary Changes In This Release, UBB.threads 7.7.4
> Likes system with Likes summary pages for threads and users.
> Major updates to the UBBT77 and UBBT77-Dark forum styles.
> Post sharing menu for Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Email.
> Quick Search within the navigation-bar.
> Threaded Mode topic tree updates.
> Fixed new private message indicator.
> Updated Member Profile page.
> Posts can now be unapproved.
> New user registration issues fixed.
> RSS feed time and formatting issues fixed.
> New sticky Control Panel breadcrumbs bar.
> Control Panel data column sorting and zebra striping.
> Additional information in the Member Editor.
> Style Editor updates and fixes.
> Improved Cache Manager.
> Improved Database Backup.
> Content Rebuilder is now faster.
> Transition tool for unicode support (Asian characters and Emojis).
> Added more friendly url formatting (SEO) to the urls.
> Updated several libraries and assets.
> Cleanup of templates, CSS files, and UBB JavaScript files.
> More bug squashing and layout updates.

Below is a link that shows the Primary Changes & changelog in the new UBB.threads 7.7.4 upgrade.
https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/263542/7-7-4-changelog-discussion

Thanks,
Posted By: klhansen Re: Where did the search button go? - Wed Mar 18 2020 05:55 PM
The magnifying glass drop down has the advanced search where you can specify a username, timeframe, specific forums, etc. within the forum. It doesn't search the www.
I use advanced search quite a bit when I know someone has posted about something specific, it weeds down the results to something manageable when restricted to just a username.
Posted By: DADS50 Re: Where did the search button go? - Wed Mar 18 2020 06:01 PM
Where is dark forum button?

like to try that
Posted By: jorb Re: Where did the search button go? - Wed Mar 18 2020 07:00 PM
I think the forum skin can be changed at the bottom of the page.
Where it says ubbthreads stock, click on drop down/up button.
Posted By: klhansen Re: Where did the search button go? - Wed Mar 18 2020 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by DADS50
Where is dark forum button?
Dark Forum grin

Oh, You meant dark background. wink Jorb has that covered.
Posted By: DADS50 Re: Where did the search button go? - Wed Mar 18 2020 07:36 PM
thumbs_up

Thanks

Found it
Posted By: Peggy M Re: Where did the search button go? - Mon Mar 23 2020 04:15 PM
One thing I noticed this morning, if you are not logged in, the search magnifying glass is not visible. At first I though, "Oh no. It's missing." Then I logged in!

Peg
© The Stovebolt Forums