Stovebolt.com
Posted By: Aus42blackout 216 block - Sat Apr 01 2017 09:21 AM
well I am not having much luck getting engine going and now I need another 216 block, so if anyone knows some one who may have one I would be interested in looking at it. I do live in Rockhampton QLD. Come to far in to resto to turn back, trying my patience.
Cheers
Posted By: Paul_WNC Re: 216 block - Sat Apr 01 2017 12:53 PM
I don't know how many Chevrolet parts are floating around down under, patience is a virtue; hopefully something will appear.

Have you considered widening your engine selection to include 235's and 261's? They will fit and can be disguised to look much like a 216.
Posted By: Aus42blackout Re: 216 block - Sun Apr 02 2017 02:49 AM
Ok I will think about it, but would realy like to stay true to truck as it is all still original.
Cheers Justin
Posted By: Grant_Bowker Re: 216 block - Sat Nov 30 2019 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by Aus42blackout
well I am not having much luck getting engine going and now I need another 216 block, so if anyone knows some one who may have one I would be interested in looking at it. I do live in Rockhampton QLD. Come to far in to resto to turn back, trying my patience.
Cheers

I hope you have found your engine in the years since you posted originally. If not, have you spoken with the community of people working on WW2 Blitz Chevrolets (also known as CMP (Canadian Military Pattern))?
Posted By: tclederman Re: 216 block - Fri Jan 31 2020 03:56 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Military_Pattern_truck
Posted By: JiMerit Boltr#43 Re: 216 block - Sun Mar 01 2020 06:52 PM
235s are much more common and pretty much a bolt in. I'd join VCCA, Inliners Int, Tri-Five Chevys, lots of members down under.
Best of luck
Posted By: tclederman Re: 216 block - Sun Mar 01 2020 06:57 PM
The original poster has not logged in since November 8 2018.
Posted By: Aus42blackout Re: 216 block - Sun Apr 05 2020 07:15 AM
Hi all yes it has been quite along time since I was here. Happy to say that I did find another 216 engine for my trck and it is going great and lots of fun to drive. the was finnished and on the road about 18 months maybe 2 years ago.

Thank you to everyone over the last 4/5 years for all your help and advise. The journey has been amazing and very trying at the same time.

I will keep an eye the site from time to time.

Hope all are well with this new life style we are all going through, not a nice thing so stay safe and healthy.

Cheers Justin
Posted By: Rusty Rod Re: 216 block - Mon May 11 2020 03:24 PM
Hello Justin from down under. Please post a couple pictures of your truck. (It is a new feature since you were here last).
© The Stovebolt Forums