Stovebolt.com

216 block

Posted By: Aus42blackout

216 block - Sat Apr 01 2017 09:21 AM

well I am not having much luck getting engine going and now I need another 216 block, so if anyone knows some one who may have one I would be interested in looking at it. I do live in Rockhampton QLD. Come to far in to resto to turn back, trying my patience.
Cheers
Posted By: Paul_WNC

Re: 216 block - Sat Apr 01 2017 12:53 PM

I don't know how many Chevrolet parts are floating around down under, patience is a virtue; hopefully something will appear.

Have you considered widening your engine selection to include 235's and 261's? They will fit and can be disguised to look much like a 216.
Posted By: Aus42blackout

Re: 216 block - Sun Apr 02 2017 02:49 AM

Ok I will think about it, but would realy like to stay true to truck as it is all still original.
Cheers Justin
Posted By: Grant_Bowker

Re: 216 block - Sat Nov 30 2019 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Aus42blackout
well I am not having much luck getting engine going and now I need another 216 block, so if anyone knows some one who may have one I would be interested in looking at it. I do live in Rockhampton QLD. Come to far in to resto to turn back, trying my patience.
Cheers

I hope you have found your engine in the years since you posted originally. If not, have you spoken with the community of people working on WW2 Blitz Chevrolets (also known as CMP (Canadian Military Pattern))?
Posted By: tclederman

Re: 216 block - Fri Jan 31 2020 03:56 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Military_Pattern_truck
© 2020 The Stovebolt Forums