Stovebolt.com
Posted By: Rusty Shackleford Headlight Switch Operation Questions - Wed Apr 07 2021 02:58 AM
My kid and I replaced a headlight switch on his '52 panel today. It was a replacement switch (12 volt) with the removable shaft. When the park lights were turned on, the headlights came on. Are only the park lights supposed to come on when the switch is in the first position? Are the park lights supposed to turn off when the switch is in the second position (headlights on)? All the lights work (i.e.brake, turn, hi-beam,low-beam). If I leave it the way it is, will it cause any problems? Thanks.
Posted By: Gord&Fran Re: Headlight Switch Operation Questions - Wed Apr 07 2021 04:05 AM
Are only the park lights supposed to come on when the switch is in the first position?
Yes
Are the park lights supposed to turn off when the switch is in the second position (headlights on)?
Yes

All the lights work (i.e.brake, turn, hi-beam,low-beam). If I leave it the way it is, will it cause any problems?
Probably OK. If the circuit breaker trips, you have too much load. I wired the parking lights to the tail light terminal so the parking lights are lit in both positions. No issue with that.
Posted By: Rusty Shackleford Re: Headlight Switch Operation Questions - Sat Apr 10 2021 10:06 PM
Figured it out. My kid had put the headlight wire on the taillight terminal.. He misread a diagram of the switch.
© The Stovebolt Forums