Stovebolt.com
Posted By: bigdog58 How to wire a/c compressor - Mon Sep 12 2011 03:09 PM
Hi,

I am wondering if someone has a diagram of how to wire the a/c compressor on a 81-87 chevy truck. There is a 2 wire pigtail on the compressor. Where do the 2 wires go?

Thanks in advance

Steve in I-DA-HO
Posted By: Wrenchbender Ret. Re: How to wire a/c compressor - Mon Sep 12 2011 04:32 PM
There should be a green wire coming out of the harness. It comes from the pressure switch. It hooks to one term on the comp. & the other one (black wire) is grounded.
Posted By: bigdog58 Re: How to wire a/c compressor - Mon Sep 12 2011 07:40 PM
some of the wires from harness are gone....so what does the wire go to once under the dash?

Thanks for the help!!

Steve
Posted By: Wrenchbender Ret. Re: How to wire a/c compressor - Mon Sep 12 2011 09:16 PM
I dont have a scematic handy. I can look it up tomorrow. I believe it originates at the low pressure switch on the side of the accumulator. It is under the hood on the pass side by the evaperator.
Posted By: bigdog58 Re: How to wire a/c compressor - Tue Sep 13 2011 12:14 AM
thanks for the help....

steve
Posted By: Wrenchbender Ret. Re: How to wire a/c compressor - Tue Sep 13 2011 08:55 PM
The green wire comes off the pressure switch. The other wire (also green) goes to a thermal switch. Theb other wire from it goes to the dash controls.
© The Stovebolt Forums