Stovebolt.com
Posted By: Eureka Jim a few misc. screws and a couple of bumper bolts - Sat Jul 04 2020 09:03 PM
Working on my doors on the '48 GMC 1 Ton and would like to get some OEM fasteners. I need 5 clutch head screws for fastening the door latches to the doors, 3 small clutch head screws for the vertical window channel that attaches to the rear of the doors and 3 domed slotted screws for the inspection panels.

I'm also really need 2 domed bumper bolts but 4 would be better as 2 of my existing bolts are marginal. I'm looking for the bolts to be in good condition but they don't have to be for a show truck. If they come with the lock washer and nut, so much the better.

Most of my truck is original and, as I work on different areas, I like to replace the non original parts where possible.

Thanks, Jim
Were the 1 Ton bumber bolts longer than the 1/2 Ton ones??
I think I have a couple of NOS bumper bolts. They are a bit longer than my 1/2 ton truck. Let me know the length.
Todd
Posted By: Eureka Jim Re: a few misc. screws and a couple of bumper bolts - Sun Jul 05 2020 05:16 AM
The 1 Ton bumper is a little thicker than the ones on the smaller trucks but the Chevy Parts and Acc. Catalog shows the same bolts fit passenger car and 1/2 ton trucks from '37-'55 and 3/4 ton and 1 Ton from '46-'55. The part number is: 3695906. Shows 1/2 - 13 x 1-7/16". I'll have to measure one of mine to see what's on the truck.
Jim,
They are 3 Inches long. Not sure what they go to.
-Todd

Attached picture 20200705_134607.jpg
Posted By: Eureka Jim Re: a few misc. screws and a couple of bumper bolts - Sun Jul 05 2020 05:07 PM
Todd, PM sent.
© The Stovebolt Forums