Stovebolt.com
Posted By: sack 1956 GMC Vent Window Parts Needed - Thu Feb 06 2020 02:23 PM
Looking for spring and stop washer that goes on vent window stud that holds the bottom into the frame. Tried to find a new replacement, had no luck. Can someone point me in the right direction for these parts.
These are the only parts holding up the window install
Posted By: rfs56trk Re: 1956 GMC Vent Window Parts Needed - Thu Feb 06 2020 04:21 PM
The Truck Shop has the spring in their catalog.
Fred
Posted By: sack Re: 1956 GMC Vent Window Parts Needed - Thu Feb 06 2020 05:50 PM
Thanks at least I can get the spring The vent window stop washer is going to be a tough one has a square hole and a wing to stop window from traveling to far and then a couple of square hole washers. The quest goes on.
Posted By: Elderly Iron Re: 1956 GMC Vent Window Parts Needed - Thu Feb 06 2020 07:52 PM
If you can't find one close or quickly, I can knock one apart.
Posted By: sack Re: 1956 GMC Vent Window Parts Needed - Thu Feb 06 2020 10:32 PM
Thanks Jeff
I will PM you if I can not find parts close by
Posted By: Redline Re: 1956 GMC Vent Window Parts Needed - Tue Feb 11 2020 07:18 PM
Sack, I have my original vent windows that I won't be using. I will also take one apart and send you what you need. I also have an NOS vent window assembly that's in the yellow/black GM box that I won't be using. I could never find the other side. I'm not sure if it's the driver or passenger side.
Posted By: sack Re: 1956 GMC Vent Window Parts Needed - Tue Feb 11 2020 08:37 PM
Thanks for the offer .Found some parts local, that were sitting in a friends pile of saved junk (as he says )
So I should be all set .
© The Stovebolt Forums