Stovebolt.com
Posted By: pan3lman What non-stock seats has everyone used? - Sun Jan 12 2020 02:50 PM
My panel has no seats. This trk is just for fun, so I don't need the uber rare seats. A local seller had 2002 Tahoe seats that looked like they'd be ok, but I wanted to hear what others might have used.
Posted By: tclederman Re: (NA) What non-stock seats has everyone used? - Sun Jan 12 2020 04:47 PM
What year panel truck?

Put that info in each new post.
Posted By: pan3lman Re: (NA) What non-stock seats has everyone used? - Sun Jan 12 2020 04:58 PM
Posted By: Tony292 Re: What non-stock seats has everyone used? - Sun Jan 12 2020 05:23 PM
I’d do third row Tahoe/suburban/Escalade seats. They have built in seatbelts and width is perfect. I haven’t installed them yet but I’m going to. Pic is not mine but shows how well the look and fit.

Attached picture 7C8C74A6-63B0-459A-9474-FC2AA431C300.jpeg
Posted By: pan3lman Re: What non-stock seats has everyone used? - Sun Jan 12 2020 06:22 PM
Nice, thanks!

I just missed out on a full set, front and back, with tracks, for $125 😠
Posted By: 49bourbon Re: What non-stock seats has everyone used? - Fri Apr 17 2020 11:11 PM
I used Tahoe buckets w seat belts built in. Reinforce under the floor where the seats are mounted
Posted By: tclederman Re: What non-stock seats has everyone used? - Sat Apr 18 2020 12:22 AM
Originally Posted by 49bourbon
I used Tahoe buckets w seat belts built in. Reinforce under the floor where the seats are mounted
In your 1949 Suburban?

How easy is it for riders getting to the two back seats?
Posted By: Rusty Rod Re: What non-stock seats has everyone used? - Sat Apr 18 2020 05:23 PM
I snagged all three rows of seats out of a 2000 Suburban when I bought my 5.3LS engine. The front seats and third row seats have built in seatbelts. I've been looking at ways to mount the 3rd row behind the front seats and leave the 2nd row for someone else.
Posted By: MiraclePieCo Re: What non-stock seats has everyone used? - Tue Apr 21 2020 03:10 AM
Panel trucks should have bucket seats so you can pass through to the rear cargo area. Here's '68 Chevelle buckets in my '51 panel:

Attached picture 20191023_141100 (Small).jpg
Posted By: walterhvogel Re: What non-stock seats has everyone used? - Thu May 07 2020 06:56 PM
Those '68 Chevelle seats look good. I had a bench seat from a datsun pickup for the first 20 years, now I'm putting in front seats from a Chevy Astro minivan. The bench seat could flip forward, but it was still difficult to get in the back, I'm hoping the "captain's chairs" will have enough room between them for access.
Posted By: Tophat Re: What non-stock seats has everyone used? - Sun May 10 2020 01:44 AM
With the fear of raising hate and malcontent 😁

I just got a set of Honda Odyssey second row with center console seats out of 2019 just need to fab a bracket to mount them on

Tophat
Posted By: pan3lman Re: What non-stock seats has everyone used? - Tue Jul 21 2020 12:51 PM
I ended up scoring a set of black Silverado power seats, for $75 for the pair, at Carlisle. Woot!
Posted By: WE b OLD Re: What non-stock seats has everyone used? - Wed Jul 22 2020 10:56 PM
In my 54 3100, I have 2001 Buick Lesabre. I wanted the shoulder harness and they are built into the seatback. Other GM cars of same the era have similar seats. They are leather and if you do not like the color there are color kits or have it professionally done. Also, you can get them without being 60-40 or with the fold-down console armrest and cup holders.
Posted By: blu1964 Re: What non-stock seats has everyone used? - Sun Jul 26 2020 06:44 PM
I am trying to figure out how to mount 3rd row tahoe seats in my 64. So far i am looking at mounting them to the bottom part of an original frame, build a floor on the frame & attach to original tracks. Any ideas are welcome.
Posted By: Tony292 Re: What non-stock seats has everyone used? - Sun Jul 26 2020 07:39 PM
I’d say go to a junkyard and cutout the rear floorboard of a Tahoe where the third row is. Then use that
Posted By: azcornman Re: What non-stock seats has everyone used? - Fri Jul 31 2020 05:06 AM
I'm with Tophat. Bought Honda Odyssey leather center seats from handicap conversion co. here in Phx. Lots of hardware removed and built frames. Like it myself. Seats slide quite a bit, hoping to be able to enter rear without too much trouble.

Attached picture P1050059 (1).JPG
Attached picture P1040384.JPG
Posted By: pan3lman Re: What non-stock seats has everyone used? - Fri Jul 31 2020 01:38 PM
Nice seats, cornman!

I need to find out how to wire up my power driver's seat. I have a hot wire from my new harness, but I'm not sure where the power wire is on the seat (2007-2014 Silverado buckets)
Posted By: pan3lman Re: What non-stock seats has everyone used? - Tue Aug 25 2020 12:56 AM
FYI, I figured out how to get the power driver seat moving!! The red wire with white stripe is the 12v, and the fat pink wire is the negative/ground. Hope this helps someone else!

Attached picture 20200822_153825.jpg
Posted By: MiraclePieCo Re: What non-stock seats has everyone used? - Tue Aug 25 2020 05:44 AM
Originally Posted by azcornman
I'm with Tophat. Bought Honda Odyssey leather center seats from handicap conversion co. here in Phx. Lots of hardware removed and built frames. Like it myself. Seats slide quite a bit, hoping to be able to enter rear without too much trouble.

Those seats fit like they were made for it!
Posted By: pan3lman Re: What non-stock seats has everyone used? - Tue Aug 25 2020 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by miraclepieco
Those seats fit like they were made for it!
It's definitely a close squeeze!!
Posted By: Rusty Shackleford Re: What non-stock seats has everyone used? - Sat Oct 10 2020 03:12 AM
I'm looking at front seats from a GMC Envoy to put in a '52 panel. I'm not sure of the year but my guess is 2002 to 2006. They have the built in seat and shoulder belts which I would like to have. The '52 is modified in terms of driveline, brakes, etc., so originality is not important. I'm not sure what's in there now but someone suggested that they could be from a Buick Riviera. (They do not have headrests.) They look similar to original seats but a little fancier. I remember some posts about what seats will fit in a panel but I cant find the other threads about this. For those of you who have experience with non-original seats, will these work in my panel? Do the bolt holes line up fairly close? Thanks.[img]https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/download/Number/23319/filename/Seat5.jpg[/img]

Attached picture Seat5.jpg
© The Stovebolt Forums