Tom ya got that right! I'm in AZ now, slightly closer than TN (maybe)!
Anyway, I'm thrilled to have found the sketches I'd made to build the camper. Anyone who's seriously interested enough to be able to use the sketches for ideas to make your own, feel free to PM (as long as it's understood FOR PROFIT USE IS NOT AUTHORIZED). Keep in mind the dimensions may or may not have been changed as the build progressed, plus my bed is ever-so-slighly out of square, so measure your own bed first.
Below is my brother David changing one of the flats on the way back from Prudhoe to Fairbanks. This one was a blowout, nothing gradual about it. I reasoned the harsh high ridges inside the period correct Firestones were responsible for chafing the tubes. That didn't cause every flat, as one shop found a valve stem cap between a tube and tire with obvious results, but I know several of the inflated tubes bubbled along a chafe line when checked in soapy water afterwards.
Also some video captures showing inside the camper (with blown out tire in one). That ill fated removal of a main bearing shim (to close the leaking seal) also resulted in sending my wife to find the best-we-could-afford camera that was both video and photo capable, and although I used my good 35mm SLR for hundreds of film prints, the captures attached here is the best of the camper-fully-loaded I ended up with. In other words, the technology of the day wasn't anywhere close to what it is today, although I still wish I'd been able to select a cam myself instead of getting a facefull of 10w40 drips changing that main bearing/seal 3 days before departure.