Stovebolt.com
Posted By: olezippi *Heater Valve Replacement* - Sun Dec 01 2019 10:07 PM
Didn't realize my heater valve was leaking until I saw the puddle making it's way out from under the truck. Only $38 bucks from Oldairproducts.com to replace it. Should have only been maybe a 2 hour job for me but ended up taking about 4 hours. After draining the coolant I could not get the 4 hoses to break free from the valve to save my life. After a second cup of coffee and a few choice words the job was done. Man...don't we just love working on these old trucks ☺

Attached picture 20191201_142228.jpg
Attached picture 20191124_103919.jpg
Posted By: 52Carl Re: *Heater Valve Replacement* - Tue Dec 03 2019 12:02 AM
Looks like too many hoses too close together to make it a quick job. I'd've had a couple more beers and used all of the cuss words loud enough for all of the neighbors to hear.
Posted By: olezippi Re: *Heater Valve Replacement* - Tue Dec 03 2019 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by 52Carl
Looks like too many hoses too close together to make it a quick job. I'd've had a couple more beers and used all of the cuss words loud enough for all of the neighbors to hear.

Yup. The hoses on the left side are AC and the right side heat. I will take that advise and apply it during my next job in the garage which will be raising the bench seat up a couple inches.
© The Stovebolt Forums