Stovebolt.com

Will wheels fit....

Posted By: Jim60

Will wheels fit.... - Tue Jun 26 2018 05:16 PM

Does anyone know if my 15" six bolt wheels will fit on a 57 Chev Truck?

Thanks Jim
Posted By: Justhorsenround

Re: Will wheels fit.... - Tue Jun 26 2018 07:19 PM

What size truck? If 1/2 they might fit if the center hole is the right size.🛠

Re: Will wheels fit.... - Tue Jun 26 2018 08:59 PM

1957 3100 ….. wheels are currently off my 53 3100 someone wants to buy them, needs to know if they will fit his truck....
Posted By: tclederman

Re: Will wheels fit.... - Tue Jun 26 2018 09:22 PM

1953 truck wheels
1956 truck wheels

1957 truck tire & wheels data is on Specifications Manual page 208
Posted By: John Milliman

Re: Will wheels fit.... - Tue Jun 26 2018 10:28 PM

There is this thing called a "Tape Measure" ... maybe it would help here? wave

Just sayin'
chug

Measure twice, sell once ... smile
Posted By: Hotrod Lincoln

Re: Will wheels fit.... - Tue Jun 26 2018 11:08 PM

Or - - - -you could just try to bolt one on- - - - -

"Here's Your Sign!"
Bill Engvall

Re: Will wheels fit.... - Wed Jun 27 2018 02:46 AM

sorry for the misunderstanding....I'm selling the wheels long distance, …….I would bolt one on if I could.....
Posted By: John Milliman

Re: Will wheels fit.... - Wed Jun 27 2018 09:53 AM

We're just havin fun blush
Posted By: Justhorsenround

Re: Will wheels fit.... - Wed Jun 27 2018 12:24 PM

Jim, the more info you can provide in your initial post about what you are trying to do will cut down on the amount of fun our resident jokers, myself included, will have. Sometimes trying to be brief or with holding information in an attempt to sneak something through (car questions) can come back to bite your backside.

To provide more information as far as your question goes............. the bolt pattern will be the same. Center hole and offset/back spacing is still a question the buyer will want answered. Good luck with your sale.
shake
Posted By: 2-Ton

Re: Will wheels fit.... - Wed Jun 27 2018 12:39 PM

Jim
Don't let John and Jerry scare you away, they are just a little rough around the edges.
Some things they take for granted and think everyone knows it already.

Try this info on how to measure wheel bolt circle.
https://www.etrailer.com/faq-wheel-bolt-pattern.aspx

The center hub hole is also important and it's diameter should be measured and compared to the buyers hub.
Also the bolt hole diameter.

Don
Posted By: jfnar

Re: Will wheels fit.... - Wed Jun 27 2018 09:00 PM

The aluminum wheels I currently have on my 53 3100 used to be on a 64 so I would think that they'd also fit a 57 but it would be advisable to get measurements to be sure before you ship them out.
Posted By: 4100 Fire Truck

Re: Will wheels fit.... - Wed Jun 27 2018 10:31 PM

A good friend of mine with a 37 Chevy sedan with the same 6 x 5.5 inch bolt wheel pattern , installed a set of 15 x 7 I think mid-80's Jeep Wagoneer wheels, that look like an old set of polished aluminum slotted Anson Sprints, that look great, and fit perfect, with an old school look too. There are some online, or like new from wheelcollision.com
Posted By: Hotrod Lincoln

Re: Will wheels fit.... - Thu Jun 28 2018 12:24 AM

With the possible exception of the late model Dodge Ram and Dakota 6 lug bolt circle, virtually all the 6-lug wheels will bolt on, including most of the Japanese pickups and the Toyota Land Cruiser. The only sticking point might be back spacing that could interfere with steering tie rods or the drag link. Inside diameter of the wheel barrel might also come into play, affecting brake drum clearance so do some measuring other than just the bolt circle.
Jerry
Posted By: 52Carl

Re: Will wheels fit.... - Thu Jun 28 2018 02:32 AM

Moderator needs to do something about the trouble making ner do wells which sneak in here from time to time reeking havoc and scaring posters...
Jeesh!.

smile
© 2019 The Stovebolt Forums