The Forums Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search
Getting back to business
First round of holidays is about over. A few weeks before the next ones. For some of us...

Winter is Coming
Time to think about wintering your Bolt.

A good Tech Tip
including a link back to the Forums for some new thoughts.

Searching the Site

Get info about how to search the entire Stovebolt site here. To do a search for just the forums, get those details in the IT Shortbus fourm.
Old Truck Calendars
In the works
Nothing like an old truck calendar

2023 Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
9 members (dands, Otto Skorzeny, 2-Ton, MNSmith, D B Cooper, 1 invisible), 102 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Thread Like Summary
BC59, Gord&Fran, WE b OLD
Total Likes: 3
Original Post (Thread Starter)
by BIG CHEVY 3600
Amazing! My son home from A&M and my son in law home from Iraq helped me and we got a ton done. We finished most of the wiring, just waiting on fenders for lights, hanging the split looms and hooking up the senders. Under the dash we have power to radio and heater/air power lines waiting for those accessories. We also drilled and hooked up the door poppers for the interior lights. thumbs_up

Liked Replies
by archburycontrol
Fabricated a bracket to securely attach my stock modified PCV crankcase breather tube to my 1959 235 motor block.
Plug welded the bracket to the breather tube.
1 member likes this
by sstock
Last three days of quarantine, been out in the shop working on the 64 GMC.
Got rid of all the rotten wood in the bed, which was every piece, disassembled the bed sides and front panel. Removed the third member and rear suspension off the frame-making it bare. Then cleaning degreasing and undercoating the frame rails. Next the Dana 44 gets a new pinion seal and rear cover gasket, painted , new spring and shackle bushings and shocks. Purchased a new carrier bearing and ujoints with fresh brakes it will go back together to a roller again next week. Started knocking out the dents on the front panel, and filling the dents in the tail gate too.
1 member likes this
by klhansen
Another productive day.
Got the floor patch partially welded in place and started fitting the floor/foot panel patch. Unlike the passenger side, I cut out the floor itself and left the tranny cover support in place. The idea was to keep things lined up. There were line-up holes in that that I had transferred to the floor/foot panel patch, so used a couple of bolts in those to line things up and hold things in place. I left the dimmer switch hole in the patch panel as I trimmed it out, so I dug out a socket that fit the hole and used that to line things up. That seemed to work pretty well.
Here's some pics.
1 member likes this
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5