The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

EVENTS

Check in for status!

Jump over to the Events Forum, to post events -- new ones or the ones we have been enjoying for some time.
Look to see what's been cancelled or postponed.

Encourage one another!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
12 members (D B Cooper, D_Montgomery, GeorgeCz, 55 SHAKER, 2 invisible), 193 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums50
Topics120,634
Posts966,986
Members43,723
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Thread Like Summary
BC59, Gord&Fran, WE b OLD
Original Post (Thread Starter)
What did you get done on your bolt today???? #476108 11/28/2008 5:39 AM
by BIG CHEVY 3600
BIG CHEVY 3600
Amazing! My son home from A&M and my son in law home from Iraq helped me and we got a ton done. We finished most of the wiring, just waiting on fenders for lights, hanging the split looms and hooking up the senders. Under the dash we have power to radio and heater/air power lines waiting for those accessories. We also drilled and hooked up the door poppers for the interior lights. thumbs_up

Liked Replies
Re: What did you get done on your bolt today???? #1350384 Mar 17th a 06:12 PM
by archburycontrol
archburycontrol
Fabricated a bracket to securely attach my stock modified PCV crankcase breather tube to my 1959 235 motor block.
Plug welded the bracket to the breather tube.
1 member likes this
Re: What did you get done on your bolt today???? #1351788 Mar 26th a 09:01 PM
by sstock
sstock
Last three days of quarantine, been out in the shop working on the 64 GMC.
Got rid of all the rotten wood in the bed, which was every piece, disassembled the bed sides and front panel. Removed the third member and rear suspension off the frame-making it bare. Then cleaning degreasing and undercoating the frame rails. Next the Dana 44 gets a new pinion seal and rear cover gasket, painted , new spring and shackle bushings and shocks. Purchased a new carrier bearing and ujoints with fresh brakes it will go back together to a roller again next week. Started knocking out the dents on the front panel, and filling the dents in the tail gate too.
1 member likes this
Re: What did you get done on your bolt today???? #1351689 Mar 26th a 01:24 AM
by klhansen
klhansen
Another productive day.
Got the floor patch partially welded in place and started fitting the floor/foot panel patch. Unlike the passenger side, I cut out the floor itself and left the tranny cover support in place. The idea was to keep things lined up. There were line-up holes in that that I had transferred to the floor/foot panel patch, so used a couple of bolts in those to line things up and hold things in place. I left the dimmer switch hole in the patch panel as I trimmed it out, so I dug out a socket that fit the hole and used that to line things up. That seemed to work pretty well.
Here's some pics.
1 member likes this
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop