The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

EVENTS

Check in for status!

Jump over to the Events Forum, to post events -- new ones or the ones we have been enjoying for some time.
Look to see what's been cancelled or postponed.

Encourage one another!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
2 members (JosN, 1 invisible), 77 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums50
Topics119,608
Posts957,781
Members43,442
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Thread Like Summary
MNSmith, moparguy, TPR57C, WE b OLD
Original Post (Thread Starter)
Covid 19 home activities #1351139 03/22/2020 1:52 PM
by Paul_WNC
Paul_WNC
So all of this impending doom about the pandemic is really depressing... Yes it is real, and we all need to take the necessary precautions to avoid a repeat of what Italy is currently experiencing. I hope we are smart enough to see the reality and do what needs to be done. The best method for curtailing the spread is staying home and relaxing.

In an attempt to ride through this situation a little more gracefully, I have begun a concerted plan to draw my attention away from the current crisis and find useful things to do at home. Right now, I am finishing up a transfer case rebuild.

What are you all doing while staying at home?
Liked Replies
Re: Covid 19 home activities #1351435 Mar 24th a 02:58 PM
by Denny Graham
Denny Graham
Not much change here at Shangri La. Get to spend the whole day in the barn.....
which I don't really mind, as a matter of fact.....that's something that dreams
are made of!!!!!
UPS is getting a lot more of what's left of my retirement fund since we're not
going out at all. Got enough canned, dried and frozen food to keep us for a
month or more and the livestock has plenty of the same to keep them a couple
of mo.
Am getting to spend all my time on this, so that is a blessing from my point of view.
Stay healthy, stay clean, stay AWAY!
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL
https://pbase.com/dennygraham/image/170545552
3 members like this
Re: Covid 19 home activities #1351186 Mar 22nd a 07:32 PM
by 2-Ton
2-Ton
Rainy cold day here in mid Missouri. It then turned to snow with great big flakes!
Looked like little pieces of toilet paper falling from heaven.

Don
2 members like this
Re: Covid 19 home activities #1351143 Mar 22nd a 01:58 PM
by WE b OLD
WE b OLD
Reading your post. And trying to convince me to stay home. I have never gotten the flu vaccine and I have never gotten the flu and I am almost 77. I am trying to convince myself to get it because of my COPD, mild as it is. I have a Dr. appointment Monday to have my stitches taken out, I plan to ask the Dr. if I should have the shot. They say it will lessen the symptoms. ohwell
1 member likes this
Re: Covid 19 home activities #1351232 Mar 23rd a 12:55 AM
by 52Carl
52Carl
This episode we find ourselves has not affected me much at all.
I tend to stay 10 feet away from people already even before this mayhem began.
I am virtually isolated from others while working.
I am getting a lot done on my '52 build.
One tough turn of events is that my wife's dental office got shut down indefinitely, so now I have to act right ALL day long.
1 member likes this
Re: Covid 19 home activities #1351371 Mar 24th a 12:46 AM
by MNSmith
MNSmith
Originally Posted by WE b OLD
I always laugh when they say all nonessential employees stay home. If they're not essential get rid of them.

I thought about that today as I was making a grocery run after work today to try to find some stuff we ran out of. (Bread, milk.) As I was passing a closed tattoo shop, I thought to myself, that definitely qualifies as non-essential.
1 member likes this
Re: Covid 19 home activities #1352203 Mar 29th a 03:21 AM
by Sedgewick
Sedgewick
It is difficult to say when the last diagnosis here was made. The government will say how many have died but won't give the exact location except for one long term care home on the mainland where at least 8 have died.

I try to get out in the yard and read but I have become sedentary by watching YouTube that it seems I have no energy. The house needs cleaning badly and this morning I vacuumed the basement and that was enough. It was only a 15 minute job.
I can drive and I have washed all those car knobs I have touched with Lysol. The neighbours seem to have hunkered down.

Something interesting and perhaps scary has popped up involving a friend of mine. She had to go to Germany as her dad died suddenly. Coming back she put herself into 14 day isolation with no symptoms. Her two children stayed with their father. She goes back to work on Monday but just found out her 10 year old son has a fever and a sore throat. He had been hiking with his dad wearing only a tee shirt and shorts but caught in a very cold rain shower. The air temperature has been about 50 at the most. He has a habit of not wearing sweaters or long pants all year. She is hoping it is only a cold.

Everybody is afraid. Probably because there are no concrete symptoms listed and we don't know how long it will last. Us old guys wonder if we will be in isolation for the rest of our lives.
1 member likes this
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop