The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

EVENTS

Check in for status!

Jump over to the Events Forum, to post events -- new ones or the ones we have been enjoying for some time.
Look to see what's been cancelled or postponed.

Encourage one another!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 253 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums50
Topics121,549
Posts974,462
Members43,961
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Thread Like Summary
MNSmith, Wayne67vert, WE b OLD
Original Post (Thread Starter)
Go or stay home? #1349636 03/12/2020 1:33 AM
by rickmg
rickmg
I live in Michigan and I'm scheduled for an airplane flight from Detroit to Denver the end of the month. My wife is concerned because of the covid19 scare. I do have heart/lung problems and in my 70's. I miss my daughter and her family. My thoughts are to go. What say you folks? A lot of crowd/school/etc. gatherings are being cancelled in my area.

Rick
Liked Replies
Re: Go or stay home? #1350509 Mar 18th a 02:13 PM
by rickmg
rickmg
UPDATE!!!

Cancelled my flight. Southwest let me reschedule the flight in August. The swap meet I've attended for years was cancelled last Sunday. The Friday fish fry dinners at church were also cancelled. I wonder if the swap meets I attend in April and May will also be cancelled. If the Dairy Queen in town is closed, I'm going to be really bummed. We sell eggs, we get 5-6 dozen a day. The Amazon driver stopped in to buy eggs the other day for herself and family. Told the wife she was making deliveries of TP and saw our egg shingle out front. Wife should have made an even trade! The eggs we don't sell we donate to the local Social Services. They are always very appreciative.

Take care folks
Rick
1 member likes this
Re: Go Stay home! #1350538 Mar 18th a 06:18 PM
by DADS50
DADS50
That quote is 6 days ago

As we all know things are changing rapidly

In our area the title of this thread would change to “go stay home” as of yesterdays announcement
Governor also shut down slot machines/gaming as of yesterday

Hows traffic on the 10?
1 member likes this
Re: Go Stay home! #1350588 Mar 18th a 09:31 PM
by klhansen
klhansen
Originally Posted by MNSmith
From where I sit, I can throw rocks at my house.
LOL
I could do that too, but it would put dings in the sheetrock. Wife would be unhappy, to put it mildly. wink
1 member likes this
Re: Go Stay home! #1350599 Mar 18th a 10:28 PM
by Rusty Shackleford
Rusty Shackleford
I was wondering about visiting the doctor during these times. My wife booked appointments (for today) with the doctor a few weeks ago. They phoned yesterday and said the doctor would phone or video call during the appointment time. She phoned right on time and we didn't have to sit and wait 1/2 to 3/4 of an hour after the designated appointment time to talk to her.
1 member likes this
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop