The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Stovebolt Supporter!
Indianapolis

Fabrications

Talk to Randy Domeck

See what they

can do

for you
!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Some New
Some Vintage
Many in Production

Check for details!

Will be updating all year around!

Who's Online Now
21 registered members (Dave59301, DaveV, Grigg, Gray_Ghost, coilover, 2 invisible), 412 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums47
Topics111,106
Posts874,741
Members40,723
Most Online940
Apr 5th, 2017
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Debra Carr "wasat again" #938381
Wed Apr 24 2013 11:04 PM
Wed Apr 24 2013 11:04 PM
Achipmunk  Offline OP
Boltergeist
Boiling Springs, S. C. 29316
I have to mention Debra Carr. She and hubby Mark were charter members of the Southern Stovebolters. She enjoyed photography and her Painted Bunting birds. She had also had found a 37 pickup and was in the mist of putting it back together when she left us. She loved building and working on Harley Davidson motorcycles. She even made her own mold for the gear shift knob and for the knob that screws onto the foot starter. She was also a veteran and was just a great person. As I understand it she had her shop and Mark had his!!
Debra, we miss you.

I think Marks words says it all....
Debra was quite an accomplished woman.

She served ten years in the USAF. She was a skilled helicopter crew chief on CH-3 helicopters out of Keflavik, Iceland (Search and Rescue) during the Cold War, then worked CH-3s/ Cessna O-2s (the prop job in "Bat 21"), and OV-10 Broncos at Shaw AFB, SC.

She was a capable Harley mechanic, rebuilding/repairing numerous customer H-Ds besides her '82 Shovelhead (and my '88 FXR she did as a surprise while I was in Korea). She was also a published bird photographer (Sumter Item, Painted Bunting Observation Team) and dedicate Painted Bunting observer with thousands of documented pics and sightings.

She renovated our houses including plumbing and wiring, and when she was bored in the evenings she crocheted Victorian bedspreads.... out of thread.

Debra greatly enjoyed being a 'Bolter and savored the challenge of working on her '37.

Pic is as she was when we first met. We had 24 good years together.

I'll miss that woman.

ML

Last edited by Achipmunk; Sat May 04 2013 03:30 PM.

1937 Chevy Pickup
1952 Chevy Panel
Pictures in my Photobucket
1950 Chevy Coupe

52 Chevy Panel

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Re: Debra Carr "wasat again" [Re: Achipmunk] #974013
Tue Sep 24 2013 08:59 AM
Tue Sep 24 2013 08:59 AM
R
Roadmarks  Offline
Shop Shark
Raleigh NC USA
I didn't know Debra long, but she seemed to always want to learn and understand new things. We shared an interest in photography and old mechanical things. I know she will be missed 'cause I will do some of it! My thoughts are with you, Mark!

Re: Debra Carr "wasat again" [Re: Achipmunk] #979461
Fri Oct 18 2013 02:18 AM
Fri Oct 18 2013 02:18 AM
G
goneagain  Offline
Shop Shark
north Idaho
I'm sorry to here that.I didn't know her But I followed some of her posts.God Bless.

These old bolts are in my blood. Hard thing is focusing on just one.

1937 Chevy 1/2 ton panel
1938 Chevy 1/2 ton pick up

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Links | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop