In cal. Now you need actual picture of the vin need to go to dmv and have them pull out the book that tells them that GM trucks didn't have vin stamped on frame until 1955 and get the name of the person you spoke with then find a old motor and use the stamped numbers by the dist. I have been in situations in wa. State where who knows how many times the engine had been changed and didn't match and you had to find someone that knew this was how they did titles way back. I usually get somebody that only knows how to licenced a HONDA CAR!