The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Nothing new here ...

STOVEBOLT FEVER

There is no cure!

Thanks to all of you, we have been virtual for over 25 years.

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
13 members (EdPruss, GTOKID, 3B, Jeff Rippin, 52_Ton, Chevy's till I d), 82 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums47
Topics117,743
Posts942,060
Members43,035
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
harness
#94934 Sat Mar 04 2006 12:04 AM
D
dave b Offline OP
Well, i'm finally getting around to installing the wirning harness that was left under the christmas tree. In eyeballing the current set up in place, on my 12 volt '57 with a '74 250, i see what appears to be an in line voltage regulator on the fire wall. it resembles the ceramic ignition resistor. the delco remy alternator is stamped "SM 18 12 vneg gound". As this supposed regulator is none like i have seen could this be still necessary to have in place. i was planning on going with the plans that came with the chevy duty harness set which has one wire from the plug attached along with the battery feed to the "b" terminal on the alternator's backside, while the other plug wire goes to the ignition switch. i'm looking forward to getting rid of large amount of sphagetti residing under the dash. db

Re: harness
#94935 Sun Mar 05 2006 06:33 AM
Shop Shark
Dave

If your Delco alternator has an internal regulator ... as I believe it does ... you do not want to wire in the external regulator; you won't need it at all.

Alan Horvath
54 Chevy Pickup

Moderated by  Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop