The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Some light reading

ENTERTAINING ADVENTURES

In the Stovebolt Reading Room

A little light reading
OR
Epic stories of old tin hunting!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
18 registered members (Frank50, greenie-reddy, Cosmo, Brad Allen, alemachevyman, 1 invisible), 440 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics117,364
Posts938,419
Members42,911
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Shows coming up #937029 Sat Apr 20 2013 01:12 AM
S
Slick69 Offline OP
Shop Shark
Here are a few more shows coming up in Cali, Oregon & Washington that maybe we could biggy back on: thumbs_up

http://www.oldride.com/events/california.html

http://www.oldride.com/events/oregon.html

http://www.oldride.com/events/washington.html

Re: Shows coming up [Re: Slick69] #937134 Sat Apr 20 2013 12:29 PM
MNSmith Offline
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
Here's one at the Edelbrock plant that I just found out we'll be cackling the dragster at.

http://www.revvedup4kids.com/

May 5th, Torrance, CA.

Re: Shows coming up [Re: Slick69] #939814 Tue Apr 30 2013 02:38 PM
62Stick Offline
Shop Shark
I drove my '62 to the show at the Lowes parking lot in Citrus Heights, CA over the weekend. I ran into a couple of other '62 Shortbed Stepsides, a '65 carryall, and a 66 3/4T longbed fleetside 4x4.

All of them in a lot better shape than mine, but I'm cool with that. I'm slowly making progress on my old truck.

Last edited by 62Stick; Tue Apr 30 2013 02:38 PM.
Re: Shows coming up [Re: Slick69] #939881 Tue Apr 30 2013 08:16 PM
S
Slick69 Offline OP
Shop Shark
Awesome, Glad u were able to get out and about. I lived in Rio Vista for several years & loved the area because of the large amount of car shows available to attend. Back up here in eastern oregon there is not alot going on unless u want to drive 50+ miles every weekend.

Re: Shows coming up [Re: Slick69] #940198 Wed May 01 2013 11:02 PM
62Stick Offline
Shop Shark
Oh, the old truck gets out quite a bit. It will be a daily driver for my daughter if she ever gets her license. Until then, I'll take it out every couple of days because I enjoy driving it.

Mechanically, it's in great shape, but the bodywork needs some help. I figured reliability was more important for my peace of mind when my teenage daughter will be driving it. I also expected a few dents and dings to happen.

She's already put one set of dings in, but now she's learning about fender repair and bodywork. She already has a good working knowledge of wrenching and basic auto mechanics. I wanted her to be able to fix most anything short of a blown head gasket while out on the road.

I see a lot of 60's trucks in the Sacramento area. The Valley Sun/Dry Heat are good for them. They don't rot like on the coast or the snow country.

Last edited by 62Stick; Wed May 01 2013 11:02 PM.
Re: Shows coming up [Re: 62Stick] #941925 Thu May 09 2013 01:19 AM
D
DMGfifty Offline
Shop Shark
Originally Posted by 62Stick
Oh, the old truck gets out quite a bit. It will be a daily driver for my daughter if she ever gets her license. Until then, I'll take it out every couple of days because I enjoy driving it.

Mechanically, it's in great shape, but the bodywork needs some help. I figured reliability was more important for my peace of mind when my teenage daughter will be driving it. I also expected a few dents and dings to happen.

She's already put one set of dings in, but now she's learning about fender repair and bodywork. She already has a good working knowledge of wrenching and basic auto mechanics. I wanted her to be able to fix most anything short of a blown head gasket while out on the road.

I see a lot of 60's trucks in the Sacramento area. The Valley Sun/Dry Heat are good for them. They don't rot like on the coast or the snow country.

Why? Its always sunny and dry on the coast!

David Gilmore
Stovebolt Pictures
Paint progress
Re: Shows coming up [Re: DMGfifty] #942269 Fri May 10 2013 05:33 PM
62Stick Offline
Shop Shark
Originally Posted by DMGfifty

Why? Its always sunny and dry on the coast!

LOL!!!

Best joke I ever heard about Oregon Sunshine was the one about people from Oregon don't tan, they rust.

All fun aside, I used to live in Denver, Colorado and there were a lot of rust buckets there, and when I live 2 blocks from the water in the Ft. Walton Beach, Florida area, I saw a lot of rust in those vehicles as well.

Not all vehicles in those areas will die from skin cancer, but there is a higher percentage of them that will when compared to places like the Arizona Desert or the California Central Valley.

Re: Shows coming up [Re: Slick69] #943318 Wed May 15 2013 02:44 AM
S
Slick69 Offline OP
Shop Shark

Moderated by  69Cuda 

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop