The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Spring is coming sometime ...

The Abominable Stovebolt

1947 3/4-ton Chevy

Daylight Savings is March 10!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
4 registered members (miraclepieco, rane, chevytruckdaddy, 1 invisible), 35 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums47
Topics113,680
Posts901,990
Members41,665
Most Online940
Apr 5th, 2017
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Warren Dee "wdoftexas" Foster #935376
Sat Apr 13 2013 10:15 AM
Sat Apr 13 2013 10:15 AM
tclederman  Offline OP
Boltergeist
Jarvisburg, NC
wdoftexas, December 24, 1937 - October 26, 2011

posted at the time of WD's death:

It was a pleasure being corrected by WD after posting incorrect information. That's how I got to "meet" Warren - I often contacted/called him to help me "get it right" regarding information about stove bolt engines (WD ranked with Pre '68 Dave in his knowledge of these engines). As an off-shoot of our conversations, WD was the co-author (resource-person & editor) of these web pages.

A few years ago, I got to meet WD at the ATHS national truck show in Kansas. We decided to share a room and, in that way, we learned more about each other and about each other's family. What an interesting and knowledgeable man; and, what a gentleman. Warren paid for his share of the room by giving me misc NOS parts that he knew I needed (and it was very fair payment).

Warren would often contact me by phone or by email if he found a rare part that he thought I needed, or if he found a lead on a part that he thought I needed. We have spoken only a few times since his illness - I am greatly saddened but I will always remember WD with fond memories.

RIP, Warren

Tim
1954Advance-Design.com
1954 3106 Carryall Suburban - part of the family for 50 years
1954 3104 5-window pickup w/Hydra-Matic - part of the family for 14 years
Z-series (54/55) GMC 350 (2-ton) COE - now part of Dave's family
- If you have to stomp on your foot-pedal starter, either you, or your starter, or your engine, has a problem.
- The 216 and early 235 engine are not "splash oilers" - this is a splash oiler.
Re: Warren Dee "wdoftexas" Foster [Re: tclederman] #937427
Sun Apr 21 2013 05:15 PM
Sun Apr 21 2013 05:15 PM
Peggy M  Offline
Worker Bee
Stovebolt Headquarters
That's a good post ... being corrected by WD. I think it is helpful. It happens around here enough and sometimes it's a "have you tried it this way?" kind of response.

That was great of him to work us the casting number information for your web site. (Oh, by the way Tim, your link doesn't work.)

Thanks for the posting.

Peg

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop