The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

EVENTS

Check in for status!

Jump over to the Events Forum, to post events -- new ones or the ones we have been enjoying for some time.
Look to see what's been cancelled or postponed.

Encourage one another!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
18 members (51sub, Bumpa49, Calkade, D B Cooper, BorderMechanical, 2 invisible), 266 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums50
Topics118,964
Posts952,233
Members43,300
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Truck Museum - Cloverdale
#930972 Wed Mar 27 2013 03:57 PM
B
Britcon Offline OP
Shop Shark
Ran into Bruno Zappone this AM. Bruno is one of the " movers & shakers " for the museum. He told me they are shooting to have it open before the Rodeo weekend
( 24th May ).

Re: Truck Museum - Cloverdale
Britcon #931040 Wed Mar 27 2013 08:10 PM
Shop Shark
Thanks for the update Bruce.

Britcon #931376 Fri Mar 29 2013 09:34 AM
3B Offline
Master Gabster
Hy Guys, I attended their meeting last night, and joined their group. It was great to see the trucks cleaned up and on display. There was a report by the Fraser Valley Heritage Railway group, I had no idea the fantastic things that are happening in Cloverdale on the historic interurban side of things, they have a station in Cloverdale, a station in Sullivan, and a car barn in Sullivan. Plans are to run from Cloverdale to Sullivan,when all the "i"s get dotted and "t"s get crossed, but I heard a rumor that they may eventually run down close to Scott road station. The trucks are in a small building and some are in offsite storage because they're would be insufficient room to display them properly if they were all crammed into that building, I'm looking forward to lending a hand where ever I can, and I'll try and keep you informed of any developments. They're hopping to have the truck museum open for Victoria day/rodeo weekend.

Britcon #931422 Fri Mar 29 2013 12:56 PM
T
Shop Shark
At least the collection is still local and didn't get sold off... great news! smile

Britcon #931534 Sat Mar 30 2013 12:06 AM
S
Shop Shark
Thanks for the info. I was afraid the museum might have lost steam or money!

A day without laughter is a day wasted- Charlie Chaplin

When wrestling a grizzly bear, you have to keep at it until the bear gets tired, not when you get tired.

1948 Chevy 2-Ton

Moderated by  1958GMCnut 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop