The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Big Thanks!

Big THANKS to

MONGO
for hosting
the weekend event.

Read all about it.

Stovebolt Site Search
'
Oh Lord, I just gotta find it....

A pdf guide to help you search the Site

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
11 members (fonz8261, Bob Kirk, DJMTruck, Bluesky54, 5 Window 9434, Alainfrenchie54), 135 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics124,615
Posts1,005,768
Members44,984
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
new southern bolter
#916778 Sat Feb 02 2013 07:31 PM
M
msg Offline OP
New Guy
Hi from Georgia, I am ready to start learning how to work on my 66 to get it running and looking better. Thanks for having me.

Here is a series of pics from all over, under and inside.

http://s387.beta.photobucket.com/user/msgdesign/media/1966%20Chevy%20Pickup/pic-2.jpg.html

Re: new southern bolter
msg #916815 Sat Feb 02 2013 09:27 PM
'Bolter
Welcome to the Stovebolt,msg. Hey, that IS a nice looking truck. But, as we say around here, are they ever finished? Your at the right place. Lots and lots of knowledge and great folks here and all willing to share.

May as well plan some "southern gatherings" now. The first Southern gathering will be in Tenn, then down Ga. way at the Alanta Dragway Swap Meet a time or two, then we plan one in Mt. Olive N.C. in the fall. There is also some bolters that meet in Ga. at Brians NY Syle Deli in Cummings. Been to both of them and great guys.
See the Southern Stovebolt Forum and you can get caught up smile
Glad to have you aboard.

EDIT: So much to learn but you'll make it.
Let us know how we can help...just be sure to try post in the most appropiate forum. (What part of Ga. are you in?)

Last edited by Achipmunk; Sat Feb 02 2013 09:31 PM.

1937 Chevy Pickup [stovebolt.com]

1952 Chevy Panel [stovebolt.com]
52 Chevy Panel [photos.app.goo.gl]

Pictures in my Photobucket [s140.photobucket.com]

1950 Chevy Coupe
https://photos.websearch.com/share/...Nko1cUJCNFFMTVFEUnNRbjFhNTFPc1J4YWV4cmRB

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
msg #916832 Sat Feb 02 2013 11:00 PM
R
'Bolter
Welcome to the Bolt!
I like the color of that truck!

Rich

'47 Loadmaster [stovebolt.com]

1947 Chev. Loadmaster

1959 Chev. Viking 40

Genie: "I am the genie from a magic lamp and I have the power to grant you three wishes."
Me: "I want to be rich."
Genie: "OK, Rich, what's your second wish?"

Achipmunk #916833 Sat Feb 02 2013 11:05 PM
M
msg Offline OP
New Guy
I'll be learning as I go in Newnan, GA.
Until I get some stuff in better working order I wouldnt be able to travel too far, but a gathering of old trucks sounds awesome, thanks for the welcome & invite!

Some things on my to do list are:

Learn how to do body repair on rusted fender corners, cab corners, rocker panels, floor panels, as well as a big ole dent a neighbor added to the passenger side of the bed. Never welded a thing in my life but I'd like to learn how.

Fix the transmission leak or replace the powerglide with a transmission with a higher gear ratio. I've had 2 transmission shops look over the leak and I am told its not something that seal replacements will fix and that the connections are not correct.

Figure out what motor I have, all I know is its not original

Figure out why in hot weather the starter has issues when recranking after a 10 mile drive or so. Ive tried heat shield wraps and replacing with a high torque. The headers heating up so close to the starter is all I can figure. Headers are pretty rusty and I think may need replacing.

Improve the ignition, takes many, many accelerator pumps to get it to turn over when cold. And even then it will run for a few seconds and conk out, especially if I try to throttle it. Usually 7 or 8 times like that to get it to idle.

Add AC

This should keep me busy for a while. :D

msg #921756 Thu Feb 21 2013 05:54 PM
J
Shop Shark
sweet truck my brother has a 65 that he wished looked that good. welcome to the bolt awsome people here that are glad to help.

John

msg #921767 Thu Feb 21 2013 06:18 PM
D
Shop Shark
Welcome Nice looking truck

The crew that works on the \'42 --Sara, Hannah and Abby [stovebolt.com]
msg #922272 Sat Feb 23 2013 02:22 PM
Leo Online
'Bolter
Welcome, sweet looking truck!

Leo

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop