The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search
What's going on?
What's happening?

Find out in
THE SHOPS !

Genearl Truck Talk
20,267 threads; 177,521 posts
The Engine Shop
32,460 threads; 255,065 post
Driveline
8,796 threads; 65,970 posts
The Electrical Bay
9,505 threads; 74,285 posts
Sub: The Radio Bench
The HiPo Shop
5,040 threads; 46,029 posts
Paint & Body Shop
12,505 threads; 81,120 posts
Sub: The Doors
Interiors
4,059 threads; 26,817 posts
The Tool Chest
1,762 threads; 26,817 posts
Making a Stovebolt Bed
1,052 threads; 6,659 posts
Searching the Site

Get info about how to search the entire Stovebolt site here. To do a search for just the forums, get those details in the IT Shortbus fourm.
Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
12 members (Chuck52, 3B, Bruce36 1.5, GMCJammer51, Bill Hanlon, Bill Trotter), 98 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics128,612
Posts1,041,927
Members46,061
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
N
NJC Offline OP
'Bolter
I am replacing the wooden floor and need to replace the linoleum also. I need a roll approximately 5.5 feet by 7 feet. Does anyone have a reasonable priced source? Has anyone done this and does it look original? Please advise. Thanks. V/r, Nick Cavallaro, Bel Air, MD

1952 Chevrolet Suburban
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures in Photobucket

1948 Chevrolet 3100 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Bubba - Curmudgeon

NJC,

You will want the bown linoleum. Call Tony at Battleship Linoleum and ask him to send you a sample and to send you an old magazine article on how to route the lines/ribs into the sheet.

Make sure you ask about the material that is thick enough to route the lines/ribs into it.

Do you have the wood floor removed already?

Tim
1954Advance-Design.com [1954advance-design.com]
1954 3106 Carryall Suburban [stovebolt.com] - part of the family for 49 years
1954 3104 5-window pickup w/Hydra-Matic [1954advance-design.com] - part of the family for 15 years
- If you have to stomp on your foot-pedal starter, either you, or your starter, or your engine, has a problem.
- The 216 and early 235 engines are not "splash oilers" - this is a splash oiler. [chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com]
N
NJC Offline OP
'Bolter
Yes, floor is out and a new was built . Okay brown linoleum thick enough to make the original pattern. And I need the article to see how to make the linoleum like the old. Thanks Tim. NICK

1952 Chevrolet Suburban
In the Stovebolt Gallery

In the Stovebolt Gallery
G
Master Gabster
There is no known source for the linoleum mat for the suburban at this time. There was a guy several years ago that was testing the waters to see if there was a demand for the material made to fit. He has disappeared from the board and I don't know if he ever produced the mat for our use.

You can make your own mat but it won't be cheap or easy. You will have to find a supplier that will sell the mat in brown/tan and the width needed. It has to be thicker than many of the products available. Then you will have to make a pattern from your floor, including the cut-outs for the seat mounts. You will have to set up a jig to route the grooves using the proper router bit so that they will look like the original pattern.

There is a guy that posts in Hemmings that make the matting for the chevrolet Nomad and other models that had similar matting, but I don't think he has attempted to make the matting for the suburban.

Good luck and if you find more information, please share here, there's lot's of guys that want the matting for there trucks too.

B
'Bolter
Others on this site,including myself would be interested in purchasing the rear mat.If you find a source and need more than one order to make it cheaper,let us know.Of course we will have to know all the details first.

The guy testing the waters,left us high and dry without any explanation.I gave him all my contact information and still heard nothing.

Tim

"A house is built with boards and beams,a home is built with love and dreams"

Look deep before you leep !!!

"Everything is Everything"

"If I say a mouse can pull a house,Hitch him up"

My 1951 3100 Chevrolet
My 1951 Chevrolet Suburban Carryall

N
NJC Offline OP
'Bolter
http://s1278.beta.photobucket.com/user/njcavallaro/media/001_zps9eee6127.jpg.html

Everyone, The linoleum was obtained from Tony at Battleship Linoleum. See link above. Then you have to make a way to put ridges in the linoleum. I used a dremel tool taped to an old drill jig. I posted a photograph. It is a lot of work and I would suggest doing it over several weekends and stop when you get tired. I made a few mistakes and hopefully the seat frames will hide it. Good luck. Thanks. V/R, Nick Cavallaro, Bel Air, MD

1952 Chevrolet Suburban
In the Stovebolt Gallery

In the Stovebolt Gallery
Bubba - Curmudgeon

Very nice, Nick

Am I correct in my understanding that two thicknesses of the brown/tan linoleum are available? What is the thickness of the linoleum you bought?

Tim
1954Advance-Design.com [1954advance-design.com]
1954 3106 Carryall Suburban [stovebolt.com] - part of the family for 49 years
1954 3104 5-window pickup w/Hydra-Matic [1954advance-design.com] - part of the family for 15 years
- If you have to stomp on your foot-pedal starter, either you, or your starter, or your engine, has a problem.
- The 216 and early 235 engines are not "splash oilers" - this is a splash oiler. [chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com]
N
NJC Offline OP
'Bolter
Tim, Tony only had linoleum about 2.5 sixteenth of an inch. Therefore you only make the slightest ridge depth. I used a 5 32d drill bit and no more than 1sixteenth depth. The linoleum cost three hundred ten dollars including UPS shipping. Tony gives instructions and extra pieces to play with. Thanks. Nick

1952 Chevrolet Suburban
In the Stovebolt Gallery

In the Stovebolt Gallery
B
Sir Searchalot
I think you mean 2.5mm. 2.5 sixteenth is .156, 2.5mm is .100 (approx.) and we don't describe things in 2.5 sixteenths in America, just the weirdo lumber world.

Watch out for careful drivers!!!
I'm away on an ego trip. Will be back on Feb 30.
I'm not an Auto Mechanic, but I play one on TV.
I charge $0.02 for every opinion and I take Paypal.
Plan B is always better than plan A, by definition.
"We have no time for comment, every man will make his own. LET IT BE MADE WITH POWDER AND BALL!!!"
I recommend invoking MIL-T-FP41c when machining and fabricating
I used to think beer was bad for me, so I gave up thinking.
Sometimes no nonsense makes sense, in a sense.
You can't teach a new dog old tricks.
Honk if you're Amish

F
Extreme Gabster
I think the standard lino thickness is 3mm nowadays [0.118]

Bill

Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop