The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
E V E N T Highlight

Southern
"STOVEBOLT"
Jamboree 2022
July 8 and 9
Lebanon TN

The Southern Bolters are planning their area get together in
conjunction with the
Southeast Truck Nationals at Cedars of Lebanon State Park (TN)

Check out the details, with new info on the Southern Bolters forum.

Plenty of other events in the Side Lot

Stovebolt Site Search
'
Oh Lord, I just gotta find it....

A pdf guide to help you search the Site

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
9 members (hippydave, homer52, festerhairball, 1Ton_tommy, 2ManyTrucks, 1 invisible), 70 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics127,967
Posts1,036,051
Members45,902
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
MacX Offline OP
'Bolter

I havent had any luck finding an online source for shop or parts manuals for 1942-1946 GMC trucks... So I am thinking of ordering a printed copy of "Master Parts Book GMC Trucks Models 100 thru 470 (1939-1950) 100-22 thru M470-30 (1951-1954)".

It's pricy, though, at $69, and it goes against my nature to buy big ticket items that are a luxury.

But, it's getting harder and harder to find FLAPS around here or online that can lookup old medium duty trucks. And for a few parts that I've gotten lately, (brake hoses for example) the part numbers for Chevy trucks dont seem to match what's on my truck, exactly.

So my question is, do the 39-47 GMC medium duty trucks have a significant volume of parts that have different part numbers?

This master parts book probably wont be available too much longer, so if this is unique information that the Chevrolet Master Parts catalogs dont have, then I may just get this book while I have a bead on it.

1953 Chevy 3100
Father and Son project
In the Stovebolt Gallery [stovebolt.com]
46 GMC 303 1.5T
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Send email to this person (Andy). He sells a CD-ROM with what you need.

stovebolt651@yahoo.com

Tim
1954Advance-Design.com [1954advance-design.com]
1954 3106 Carryall Suburban [stovebolt.com] - part of the family for 49 years
1954 3104 5-window pickup w/Hydra-Matic [1954advance-design.com] - part of the family for 15 years
- If you have to stomp on your foot-pedal starter, either you, or your starter, or your engine, has a problem.
- The 216 and early 235 engines are not "splash oilers" - this is a splash oiler. [chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com]
V
Wrench Fetcher
I just made a post in the Misc Stovebolt Stuff section listing the first set of GMC manuals/books I am selling.

I still have my 53 GMC Firetruck and just sold my 54 GMC COE and thus had collected a lot of manuals/books (over 100).

My passion has moved to fidning a pre 1920 GMC so I am selling all of my 40's-60's books/manuals.

Here is the link to the list thus far:
http://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=891286#Post891286

If there is something you are looking to find which is not listed let me know and I will check my manulas. - Bob

M
MacX Offline OP
'Bolter
Originally Posted by tclederman
Send email to this person (Andy). He sells a CD-ROM with what you need.

stovebolt651@yahoo.com

Tim,

Is there another way to get in touch with Andy? Does he have a Stovebolt user account? I have not got a reply yet. I will try again, and keep waiting... I dont have an account on the Hamb... and am so terrible at keeping track of things I dont use often, I really dont wanna sign up for the Hamb...

I'm hoping Andy's price for the master parts book will be a good savings over the one I found online... The difference is going to John and Peggy...

1953 Chevy 3100
Father and Son project
46 GMC 303 1.5T
Bubba - Curmudgeon
MacX,

I'll contact Andy. He frequents oldGMCtrucks.com.

Tim
1954Advance-Design.com [1954advance-design.com]
1954 3106 Carryall Suburban [stovebolt.com] - part of the family for 49 years
1954 3104 5-window pickup w/Hydra-Matic [1954advance-design.com] - part of the family for 15 years
- If you have to stomp on your foot-pedal starter, either you, or your starter, or your engine, has a problem.
- The 216 and early 235 engines are not "splash oilers" - this is a splash oiler. [chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com]
M
MacX Offline OP
'Bolter
Found his bookstore listing there on oldgmctrucks.com

Great prices!

Thanks Tim!

1953 Chevy 3100
Father and Son project
46 GMC 303 1.5T

Moderated by  69Cuda, Grigg 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop