The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Remember old days

Remember
The old Bulletin Board?

click to enter

The old Bulletin Board has been removed from the server. And with recent "spring" cleaning, we are removing links back to it. The BB is still out in cyber space (to some extent) thanks to
The Wayback Machine.
Stovebolt Site Search
'
Oh Lord, I just gotta find it....

A pdf guide to help you search the Site

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
14 members (EchoBravoSierra, 55shaker, 68ironhead, 3B, 59 fleet, DougH6100, 1 invisible), 88 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics128,110
Posts1,037,373
Members45,936
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
LonnieC Offline OP
Shop Shark
Will someone please post a pic of the terminal studs on a 6v generator circa 1954 with the correct stack of washers, nuts, tags, wire terminal ends, etc? Please describe the types and dimentions of washers on the studs.

My radiator fan blows the Radio By-Pass Condenser tag over the field terminal stud and up the wire. The large center hole in the tag fits around the base of the stud, but there is nothing to secure it.

The wayward tag probably won't hasten the end of the world, but I'm trying to make my 12v generator look like a "correct" 6v generator for some upcoming shows.

> Radio By-Pass Condenser Tag.
> Generator diagram in FAM
> My generator with Radio By-Pass Condenser tag almost blown off of the terminal stud.

Thanks for your help,

- Lonnie
My '54 3104
Photos that I have shared on Stovebolt via PhotoBucket are no longer available. Please contact me if you want a photo from an old post.
lonniecook [at] aol [dot] com. I sold my '54 3104 12/12/2017, but I still visit Stovebolt.

OLD STUFF ... houses, furniture, cars, wine ... I love it all
K
Shop Shark
First you have the case, then the warning tag, then the fiber insulating washer, flat washer, lock washer, nut, another lock washer and then another nut. You are correct, there is no good way to secure it. The hole is almost as large as the fiber insulating washer. The best fix is a different warning tag with a center hole just big enough to fit over the terminal stud. I will PM you my website so you can see one on there under misc. parts. With this tag the insulating washer holds it down secure.
Will PM you.
Ken

F
Extreme Gabster
take it off until you get to the show, those tags weren't intended to be a permanent fixture

Bill

Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
A
Shop Shark
Pic

L
LonnieC Offline OP
Shop Shark
Thanks guys -

Bill - You're right, but I'm too lazy to reinstall the tag at every show, and I'm tired of trying to remember to move it onto the generator!!

The pics on Kens site and the pic posted by AD_Pickup show me how everything should look.

My generator never had the fiber washers on the studs, so I didn't know about them.

I'll buy fiber washers today and try keep the tag in place. If not I can buy a tag with a smaller hole from Ken, or try to scan and print one myself.

By the way, I recently bought a Delco Remy voltage regulator cover like the one in AD_Pickup's pic. I'm stripping and painting it this week. Looks exactly like the one in the pic. Replacing the NAPA VR cover with the Delco Remy cover. Perfect fit.

- Lonnie
My '54 3104
Photos that I have shared on Stovebolt via PhotoBucket are no longer available. Please contact me if you want a photo from an old post.
lonniecook [at] aol [dot] com. I sold my '54 3104 12/12/2017, but I still visit Stovebolt.

OLD STUFF ... houses, furniture, cars, wine ... I love it all

Moderated by  Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop