The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Work those trucks!

Share what you're up to this summer!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
7 registered members (68ironhead, Chasz, tom moore, Justhorsenround, Forty9, gwsut), 353 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics116,548
Posts927,146
Members42,470
Most Online940
Apr 5th, 2017
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Gas guage works #88330 Sun Nov 18 2001 01:39 AM
G
Gavin Offline OP
Well I finally fixed the gas guage on my 62. It stopped working one day while out four wheeling in the desert. The other day I ran out of gas about a block from work so that did it. I got the trusty manual and did the checks that it says and all things were pointing to the sender. I removed it and found the metal strip missing a chunk that I guess is in the bottom of the tank. I didnt want to buy a new sender because the money is tight so I cut a length of 16 guage wire and removed the insulation and soldered it to both ends of the sender in place of the metal strip. I hooked up the wires and then moved the float to the top and then slowly down to the bottom and I will be darned. The dang thing works. Saved money and gained knowledge. Cant do that to these new cars. grin

Everybody was born crying, most of us get over it.
Re: Gas guage works #88331 Tue Nov 20 2001 12:34 PM
C
chuckthetruck Offline
Shop Shark
Might be a common sender problem - mine was the same. I did like you did, but with a coiled length of MIG wire. Works smoothly now. Easy fix and cheap too.

Moderated by  Rusty Rod 

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop