The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Thinking again ...
We are still asking:
What did you
get done on
your Bolt today
????

The question, initially posted May 23, 2005, was:
"Whatcha do on your Bolt
this weekend?"

After 51,906,997 views, 7378 replies over 185 pages, this thread in General Truck Talk is a happening! And it's not just weekends anymore.

Now with pictures
and No BOTS.

So ...

What did you get done on your Bolt today????

Stovebolt Site Search
'
Oh Lord, I just gotta find it....

A pdf guide to help you search the Site

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
8 members (Hambone, D B Cooper, 3800GUY, DaveV, John Dlugos, 1 invisible), 63 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics127,583
Posts1,032,707
Members45,812
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
New Side Lot Forum!
#863531 Sun Jul 01 2012 08:28 PM
P
Peggy M Offline OP
'Bolter
Randy Ralphs was asking for a Side Lot for the Rocky Mountain states. Well, it took about 55 - 80 million years to form to mountains ... and it only took me a MONTH to get to this!

We'll need a moderator if anyone is available (email me at editor@stovebolt.com). Also, if there any comments or suggestions about the intro, send that along to me.

I can take me a year to get this right. Still ... better than a million. thumbs_up

Peggy

The first five days after the weekend are the hardest.
Re: New Side Lot Forum!
Peggy M #863575 Mon Jul 02 2012 12:45 AM
P
Peggy M Offline OP
'Bolter
Oh ... just an addition. I tried to find a cool / fun icon to go with the Mountain Stovebolter. If anyone finds something or works something up, send it along. I Googled and found plenty of photos but nothing I was really looking for.

Thanks,
Peg

Peggy M #863597 Mon Jul 02 2012 02:23 AM
F
Shop Shark
Thanks Peggy! I don't get on as much as I used to but I could do it if there are no volunteers.

Fried Green T'mater (Vern)
1953 Chevrolet 3600
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
Caution: Political Statement

Man who runs in front of car gets tired, man who runs behind car gets exhausted.
FriedGreenTmater #864212 Wed Jul 04 2012 08:10 AM
H
Shop Shark
Thanks Peggy! This will help all of us in the Mountain States get together.
I found a small dealer that sells old Colorado license plates. I got a 58 plate and a matching set for a friends 66 Chrysler. Seems reasonable and a legitimate business if anyone is interested contact him at:

Ruxton's Trading Post
22 Ruxton Avenue
Monitou Springs, Colorado 80829
719-685-9024
Original unissued CO Plates
Pairs from 1950's to 1970's

1954 Chevy Half-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Shutterfly
More pix on Photobucket

1958 Chevy 1/2-Ton Stepside
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

<> + <> + <> + <> + <>
"Time's fun when you're having flies." ~~ OLD FROG
hankrags #866135 Wed Jul 11 2012 10:47 AM
F
New Guy
hi this is fayne from florence co i just found this topic and would be interested incoming to a meet and greet. iwill be driving my 47 to the show. you can contact me at faynel@prodigy.net. let me know when and where.

faynelong #866826 Sat Jul 14 2012 09:22 PM
P
Wrench Fetcher
Nice to see this up and running, thanks Peggy.

pope #868263 Sat Jul 21 2012 09:25 AM
H
Shop Shark
Thanks for your work Peggy. We are in Alberta so have a deep connection with the Bolters south of us. Travel the I-15 a few times a year. Just aquired a 62 C-10 so I now have three old trucks.
About to retire and then able to attend some events along the rockeys.
Traveling the back roads, Howie

1 1955 Chev one ton. 261 engine

3 1962 Chev c-10 261 engine
4 1966 Plymouth VIP 5.7 GenIII Hemi
5 1966 Imperial Crown Coupe 440 engine
Howies551Ton #868702 Mon Jul 23 2012 12:17 AM
A
New Guy
Hi Peggy/fellow RM Bolters....thanks for your posts. Glad to be here!

My ten year old son Aidan and I (retired shop teacher in Boulder Valley Schools)have a 53 3600 five window legacy project (the boy gets the truck at 18 provided.....) we are working on. Right now we are doing the 6v to 12v conversion. We hope to get Ol' Buck drivable by the end of August.

I also was an art teacher and now work out of my house screen printing t-shirts and doing graphic design work. I'd be happy to help with a Rocky Mtn logo/icon and even print up shirts if they are wanted (not sure how that would work...happy to help Stovebolt make a few bucks)...not promoting myself...just want to lend a hand.

Thanks for all your work Peggy!

Dave and Aidan (new guys)
Coal Creek Canyon

arhsdave #869488 Wed Jul 25 2012 11:27 PM
M
Wrench Fetcher
Hi Dave,

I live up the canyon from you near Pinecliffe.
I'm working on a `59 32 Apache Fleetside.

Which school(s) did you teach at? I went to Baseline, Fairview and Vo-tech. I imagine I was before your time but I had Mr. Donovan at Baseline his first year at BVSD. I heard he retired from BHS as a math teacher.

Randy

MisterR #870150 Sat Jul 28 2012 03:56 PM
P
Peggy M Offline OP
'Bolter
Dave and Aidan,

Wow ... yes, we can use any help you can muster. The idea of the GABfests were that they be somewhat self-going. The only one we get much involved in is the Reunion in Kansas City, and that's difficult because it's so far away. Fortunately, there is a good work crew that lives there and Mike Taylor and KCMongo are the main contacts there. Ed Hoover did it one year and he did a fabulous job.

So, you all tell US what you'd like for a logo, shirt, etc. Try a few designs and see what the Mountain Bolters like. (We find them to be not very picky -- or at least they've never NOT taken the shirts we've done for the others). So, yea Dave, if you can handle all that - it would be great.

Pope has offered to moderate the forum. With you all having nice weather into the fall (supposedly), you can probably plan an event any time you want.

Keep me posted ... we'll be sure to get you all added to the Event page ... before a million years goes by.

grin

Peg

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop