The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

EVENTS

Check in for status!

Jump over to the Events Forum, to post events -- new ones or the ones we have been enjoying for some time.
Look to see what's been cancelled or postponed.

Encourage one another!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
5 members (Lode51, klhansen, homer52, 54Dinosaur, 1 invisible), 183 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums50
Topics121,365
Posts977,663
Members44,213
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pick n pull Drum to Disc Stovebolt Master Wisdom Needed!
#8595 Tue Jul 23 2002 02:39 AM
L
I'm trying to switch a front drum setup to disc without blowing $800 smackers.Which is twice as much as I paid for the whole truck.What 5 lug rotor/spindle setup bolts on to a'66 C10 truck? Which chevy car or truck can I yank them from at my local pick n pull o Stovebolt masters!!!Your wise words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Pick n pull Drum to Disc Stovebolt Master Wisdom Needed!
#8596 Tue Jul 23 2002 02:50 AM
W
Hey Jed-go to your neighbourhood boneyard and lay your grubhooks onto a set of spindles/rotors/calipers from a 1973-1987 Chevy or GMC half ton pickup. You will switch your original upper and lower balljoints for whatever year of replacement spindle you use and the spindles will just bolt on. Unfortunately the tierod shaft taper where they go into the spindle is not the same from your old style tierods to the newer spindle. I believe that you could get around this by replacing all of your steering linkages with the newer type ones (tierods, centerlink, idler arm). Hope this helps, Jed.

Wannabe smile

"Don't expect anything and you'll never be disappointed"
#8597 Tue Jul 23 2002 05:21 AM
L
Muchos gracias Wannabe Advance D for the words of wisdom.Now I know what to look for at the pick your part this weekend,my eyes have seen the light brother!You are a Stovebolt Master.Adios amigo.

#8598 Tue Jul 23 2002 07:50 AM
M
Look for a 71 /72 chevy half ton. It has direct bolt in ,worked on a buddy1s 63 suburban.It also has 5-lug chevy car bolt pattern for the wheels.

There is enough good in the worst of us and enough bad in the best of us that it does not behoove any of us to criticize the rest of us.
-
-
Be yourself. If you are ever lost, It will be much easier to find yourself if you know who you are!
#8599 Tue Jul 23 2002 07:50 PM
W
As Mechaniac says, jed....as Mechaniac says.

There I go agasin quoting from the, ahem "all knowing magazine world" and letting my mouth get my a$$ in trouble... wink

Let us know how your swap works out Jed. This will be a valuable addition to the "non-stock" portion of the forums.

Wannabe smile

"Don't expect anything and you'll never be disappointed"
#8600 Wed Jul 24 2002 03:03 AM
L
Thank you Mechainiac for the Stovebolt wisdom.Thank's again Wannabe Advance D.I'll let you gent's know how everything turns out.I'm going hunting at pick n pull for rotors and spindles,your words of wisdom will act as my compass,thanks for pointing me in the right direction Stovebolt Masters!

Moderated by  Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop