The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Work those trucks!

Stovebolt is pleased to support the Salvation Army!
We're doing fine but many around the World are not. Instead of making a contribution to us this holiday season, how about making your contribution to a great organization with a long history of helping people in need around the world?

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
8 registered members (farmallb, EdPruss, capnduane, HFfarms, Jay Self, 1 invisible), 303 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics116,564
Posts930,587
Members42,658
Most Online940
Apr 5th, 2017
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
TBI conversion on 1986 Chevy 350 truck #815907 Fri Jan 13 2012 03:40 AM
B
bigdog58 Offline OP
Shop Shark
Hello and happy New Year!!

Been a while since I have been here but have a question for ya'all.

Thinking of converting my 1986 Carb to TBI. Wondering if anyone had some really good instructions for the installation including wiring and fuel feed.

Thanks, Steve in I-DA-HO

Re: TBI conversion on 1986 Chevy 350 truck [Re: bigdog58] #816098 Fri Jan 13 2012 09:34 PM
3B Offline
Master Gabster
Hy bigdog58, this is really quite an involved little project! Many parts to purchase and install, computer, wiring harness, intake manifold and throttle body, knock sensor, O2 sensor, fuel pump, fuel lines, fuel filter, and some stuff I've probably forgotten to mention. What do you hope to gain by this modification? If you really want fuel injection, I would purchase a newer truck with it already there, or look at some of the aftermarket systems, hope that helps

Re: TBI conversion on 1986 Chevy 350 truck [Re: 3B] #816147 Sat Jan 14 2012 01:07 AM
L
LGriffin Offline
Shop Shark
Here is a link to Jags that Run;

http://www.jagsthatrun.com/

They have been doing FI conversion for more than a few years. I haven't done the conversion, but I have one of their conversion manuals. The manual seems to be pretty good, covers what you need to get, work arounds for some of the ECM inputs, and more. I bought the manual about 15 years ago ($20) and looked at it recently.

Larry

I don't own a vehicle that isn't old enough to drink.

Moderated by  Woogeroo 

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop