The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search
Getting back to business
First round of holidays is about over. A few weeks before the next ones. For some of us...

Winter is Coming
Time to think about wintering your Bolt.
(continued)

A good Tech Tip
WINTERIZING YOUR TRUCK
including a link back to the Forums for some new thoughts.

Searching the Site

Get info about how to search the entire Stovebolt site here. To do a search for just the forums, get those details in the IT Shortbus fourm.
Old Truck Calendars
In the works
Nothing like an old truck calendar

2023 Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 90 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics127,745
Posts1,047,332
Members46,412
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#811745 Sat Dec 31 2011 01:55 AM
C
New Guy
I was working on my parking lights today, and noticed when the parking lights are on my headlights are off. When the headlights are on the parking lights are off. My question is, shouldn't the headlights & parking lights be on @ the same time? Or, do I have a bad headlight switch? If the switch is bad, what is the procedure to remove it?

Thanks

S
Master Gabster
why would you want the driving lights on when you're parked? or the parking lights on when you're driving wink way back then, there was no such thing as "running" lights, and the lights were only on when you wanted them on, not ever ytime you started the truck like today .... if you want to have them on together, there's a tech tip here to easily accomplish that

and welcome to the garage, check in the electrical forum and you should find a post about removing the light switch

Bill

Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature we find it attached to the rest of the world" John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics & Rust-a-holics Unanimous parking lot
squeeze #811757 Sat Dec 31 2011 02:23 AM
C
New Guy
So, are you saying the parking lights should not burn all the time? I had one of these trucks back in 85, and if I remember correctly, all the lights worked, when you pulled the headlight switch all the way on? When you wanted to run the parking lights only, you just pulled the switch out so far & it stopped. Is this correct or not? Or is the switch bad?

Shop Shark
1st position, park lamps only...2nd position (all the way out), headlights only. If you want both the park lamps and the headlights on, in 2nd position, try this:

Simple underdash wiring modification for park lamps & headlights on

Cutting into the wiring harness for the headlights or park lamps, is not recommended or required with this simple modification.

Last edited by 4-5-6 Chevy Trucks; Sat Dec 31 2011 06:22 AM.

Tony Smith
4-5-6 Chevy Trucks
501 Scott Avenue
Kansas City, KS 66105
913-207-7789
4-5-6chevytrucks@sbcglobal.net
Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/4-5-6chevytrucks/sets/
Custom Parts: http://www.flickr.com/photos/4-5-6chevytrucks/sets/72157627022818563/
www.4-5-6chevytrucks.com

Moderated by  Hambone 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop