The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search
Thanksgiving

Much to be
thankful for

YOU!
The Stovebolt Collective

Thankfulness year 'round.
All around!
Searching the Site

Get info about how to search the entire Stovebolt site here. To do a search for just the forums, get those details in the IT Shortbus fourm.
Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
1 members (Sir Duke), 111 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics127,654
Posts1,046,323
Members46,391
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Shop Shark
Thanks, Got it done and doesn't look bad with beveled corners. I think it will let the rain run out (it is never out of the garage in the rain anyway) and also seal the outside noise out. Thanks Denny and to everyone who helped me understand this problem. Once again Stovebolt members educated me. Thanks John

LonnieC #800476 Thu Nov 24 2011 01:02 AM
K
Wrench Fetcher
When applying your weatherstrip, it's a good idea to put a coating of adhesive on your pieces, then allowing to dry almost completely. Then before attaching, add a very small amout of adhesive to all surfaces before pushing into place.

squeeze #811511 Fri Dec 30 2011 06:03 AM
L
'Bolter
Squeeze -

I did a search on Counter Parts and The Truck Shop - both in Orange CA. They are owned by the same person. FWIW, I have been happy with the Counter Parts items from The Truck Shop.

- Lonnie
My '54 3104
Photos that I have shared on Stovebolt via PhotoBucket are no longer available. Please contact me if you want a photo from an old post.
lonniecook [at] aol [dot] com. I sold my '54 3104 12/12/2017, but I still visit Stovebolt.

OLD STUFF ... houses, furniture, cars, wine ... I love it all
LonnieC #811514 Fri Dec 30 2011 06:21 AM
S
Master Gabster
Lonnie - Counterparts is an import company, The Truck Shop is a retail operation, who owns them is really immaterial, neither is a manufacturer - Counterparts imports the parts from Asia and sells them to everyone, and like I said, they're decent parts and the only thing available for many items, I've never bought anything from The Truck Shop but never had a problem with Counterparts items from any other place including NAPA

Bill

Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature we find it attached to the rest of the world" John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics & Rust-a-holics Unanimous parking lot
squeeze #811563 Fri Dec 30 2011 02:00 PM
D
'Bolter
Where did you get your information about Counterpart Automotive Lonnie????
Iíve looked into this on several different occasions and tried to chase them down, never
did have any luck. The closest Iíve come is that a lot of it comes from Taiwan and from a
dozen international manufacturers. Iíve found no ties between the two companies. The
only listing Iíve found also shows way to little annual revenue for a company that
supplies as large a volume of part and they have to employ way more people than what
Iíve found listed on the internet.
It would be interesting to actually contact someone within the company and get the real skinny on the business.

Counterpart Automotive Inc.
419 W Brenna Ln
Orange, CA 92867-5637
Phone: 1-714-771-1732
1) Annual revenue less than $500,000 employs 1-4
http://www.manta.com/c/mmy8jnw/counterpart-automotive-inc

2) Confusing info, something to do with shipping from 2007-2011
http://panjiva.com/Counterpart-Automotive/1954410

3) Annual revenue $500,000 to $999,999 employs 5-10
http://start.cortera.com/company/research/k3m6kqr0k/counterpart-automotive/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Truck and Car Shop Inc.
739 North Batavia,
Orange, CA 92868
Phone: 1-714-771-0407 or 1-800-243-8947

S
Master Gabster
here's some skinny for ya Denny:
Walter Fromke, president of Counterpart Automotive Inc(1985), Eric Froemke as CFO [son?]....
Walter Froemke president of Truck Shop(1985) .... [actually Truck and Car Shop, including Ford truck and car parts]
and Fargo Automotive(1999), which appears to own several repair shops ....
and Oval Industries (founded 2002) - check the "visualizer" here, quite the entrepreneur grin

appears to be an older gent whose wife died recently ohwell

Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature we find it attached to the rest of the world" John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics & Rust-a-holics Unanimous parking lot
L
'Bolter
>> EDIT: SQUEEZE ... you posted while I was writing my response. Maybe you and I should join the IRS. We'll track 'em down!

Denny -

Here is the info I used to draw my conclusion:

MANTA --

> Counterpart Automotive Owner & Pres: Walter (T) Fromke
http://www.manta.com/c/mmy8jnw/counterpart-automotive-inc

> Truck Shop Pres: Walter T Froemke
http://www.manta.com/c/mmd6j3c/truck-shop

> Car Shop Owners: Walter Froemke; Ty Froemke
http://www.manta.com/c/mm84c5j/car-shop

CORPORATIONWIKI --

> Counterpart Officers:
http://www.corporationwiki.com/California/Orange/counterpart-automotive-inc/41992801.aspx

> The Truck Shop Officers:
http://www.corporationwiki.com/California/Orange/truck-shop/41270699.aspx

> Erick G. Froemke: Counterpart and Truck Shop
http://www.corporationwiki.com/California/Orange/eric-g-froemke/41270704.aspx

Last edited by LonnieC; Fri Dec 30 2011 04:59 PM.

- Lonnie
My '54 3104
Photos that I have shared on Stovebolt via PhotoBucket are no longer available. Please contact me if you want a photo from an old post.
lonniecook [at] aol [dot] com. I sold my '54 3104 12/12/2017, but I still visit Stovebolt.

OLD STUFF ... houses, furniture, cars, wine ... I love it all
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Originally Posted by obrien1952gmc
There is a seperate bottom door seal but it doesn't go on your door, it screws to the cab floor and seals against the bottom of the door a few inches up.

The vendors usually call the seal that goes on the door a "door seal". The seal that goes around the door opening on the cab is called "windlace". There is also a lower cab windlace that is attached to the cab with a retainer across the floor at the door opening (most likely the piece that obrien is describing).

Tim
1954Advance-Design.com [1954advance-design.com]
1954 3106 Carryall Suburban [stovebolt.com] - part of the family for 49 years
1954 3104 5-window pickup w/Hydra-Matic [1954advance-design.com] - part of the family for 15 years
- If you have to stomp on your foot-pedal starter, either you, or your starter, or your engine, has a problem.
- The 216 and early 235 engines are not "splash oilers" - this is a splash oiler. [chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com]
B
'Bolter
I always assumed that the rubber molding separation would help drain any water that may accumulate also.

Builder #811629 Fri Dec 30 2011 07:01 PM
D
'Bolter
So, tks for your research guys.
Ok, just to settle this, I called a listing for a business simply listed as "Truck Shop" in
Orange, CA., a different address and phone number than ďThe Truck and Car ShopĒ and
ďCounterparts Automotive Inc.Ē The gentleman that answered was a little reluctant to
discuss his relationship with the other businesses and wanted to know where I got his
phone number. But he finally did tell me that this was the general offices and he was the
owner of "Counterpart Automotive, Inc." and I also managed to get him to tell me that the
"Truck and Car Shop" was owned by his son which is the retail outlet for the businesses.
As reluctant as he was to discuss the business, I didnít dare ask if he was the owner listed
in the profiles you guys found using the online search engines.

I guess if I were one of the people responsible for importing some of these parts that we
consumers complain about on a daily basis I would hide behind as many doors as I could
also. Otherwise Iíd be spending all my time explaining why I just kept importing ill-
fitting parts over and over even though I knew they were made incorrectly.
I do have to say, Iíve used a lot of Counterpart parts and not all of the parts are poorly
made but enough of them are that I think we have every right to complain about the
quality control or lack of it.

I think we verged off subject far enough and its probably time to put a cork in this one.

Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL

Last edited by Denny Graham; Fri Dec 30 2011 07:01 PM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop