The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Work those trucks!

Share what you're up to this summer!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
11 registered members (happy51, bztguy, Bill Trotter, Hotrod Lincoln, 2 invisible), 254 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums47
Topics114,611
Posts909,354
Members41,965
Most Online940
Apr 5th, 2017
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Re: International check-in. [Re: jockbolter50] #1154789
Sun Mar 13 2016 09:11 AM
Sun Mar 13 2016 09:11 AM
J
jaffs  Offline
New Guy
kent UK
Hi
just had my 37 1 1/2 ton Chevy Stake bed delivered from US, any UK Bolts out there??
Mike in KENT

Re: International check-in. [Re: jockbolter50] #1154806
Sun Mar 13 2016 04:03 PM
Sun Mar 13 2016 04:03 PM
J
jaffs  Offline
New Guy
kent UK
Hi, just had my 37 1.5 ton Stake bed delivered ,so the restoration now starts, any other UK bolters out there
Mike in KENT UK

Re: International check-in. [Re: jockbolter50] #1154938
Mon Mar 14 2016 09:07 AM
Mon Mar 14 2016 09:07 AM
J
jockbolter50  Offline OP
Shop Shark
Scotland
Hi Mike welcome!

It's good to see someone other than a 47-53 truck owner in the UK.
These as i'm sure you're aware are fairly common here now.

A '37 is pretty rare.
There are many vendors based in the UK for truck parts now,although as mentioned previously they tend to steer towards the 47-53 models and later stuff although i'm sure they'd be willing to help with parts sourcing/shipping if required.

What are your plans,stock or modified?

Pics would be nice too.

I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings

"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.

1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr .
Re: International check-in. [Re: jockbolter50] #1156801
Fri Mar 25 2016 01:49 PM
Fri Mar 25 2016 01:49 PM
J
JVL  Offline
New Guy
Belgium
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a parts supplier for our old trucks in Europe. Any suggestions? I own a '58 Apache and I live in Belgium.
Everything is available in the States but shipping is very expensive...

Re: International check-in. [Re: JVL] #1156899
Sat Mar 26 2016 09:17 AM
Sat Mar 26 2016 09:17 AM
J
jockbolter50  Offline OP
Shop Shark
Scotland
Originally Posted by JVL
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a parts supplier for our old trucks in Europe.

The best I can suggest are some in the UK JVL,there are many places here now who cater for these trucks,not sure how the Euro/£ exchange favours you but at least the shipping should be cheaper and as part of the EEC (for the moment) the duties should be less.

Here's a couple of suppliers.

http://www.farmfreshspeedshop.co.uk/

http://www.classiccarriageco.com/

http://www.highwayhellhotrods.co.uk/

http://www.langysrodshop.co.uk/

I hope these help...Good luck.

Last edited by jockbolter50; Sat Mar 26 2016 09:17 AM.

I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings

"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.

In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr .
Re: International check-in. [Re: jockbolter50] #1157120
Sun Mar 27 2016 06:49 PM
Sun Mar 27 2016 06:49 PM
J
JVL  Offline
New Guy
Belgium
Thanks!

Re: International check-in. [Re: jockbolter50] #1157997
Fri Apr 01 2016 10:39 PM
Fri Apr 01 2016 10:39 PM
R
Road Dog  Offline
New Guy
Cambridgshire UK
Checkin' in from the Cambs/Norfolk border UK. Just picked up a '51 3100 from up your way Jock. Gets delivered on Monday so it'll be a long weekend. Bought it blind so hope it'll be all as promised
Andy

Re: International check-in. [Re: Road Dog] #1158796
Wed Apr 06 2016 07:35 AM
Wed Apr 06 2016 07:35 AM
J
jockbolter50  Offline OP
Shop Shark
Scotland
Originally Posted by Road Dog
Checkin' in from the Cambs/Norfolk border UK. Just picked up a '51 3100 from up your way Jock. Gets delivered on Monday so it'll be a long weekend. Bought it blind so hope it'll be all as promised
Andy

Welcome Andy,glad to see you've joined the gang, was your new truck from a fella Alex Gray in East Kilbride?
Is this your new 'toy' by any chance?

EDIT: I have since chatted with Alex who confirmed this,it's a nice 'honest' relatively unmolested truck with bags of potential.
Did you get the visor too?
If so,they look terrible and you should give it to me to run a consumer test...on mine! grin

As you can see by my previous post there are plenty of guys here catering for our obsession here in the UK now.
All my experiences in dealing with these vendors have been really positive and most if not all are considered friends now too.
The scene here on our little island is just too small to suffer any scammers and con merchants anyway,they'd probably get lynched. lol.

I must also mention the kind folks here,many of whom have helped source parts and even sent them to me before receiving a single dime from me.
It was all based on trust.......

Not wishing to tread on the Stovebolts toes,I'm not sure if you frequent 'Farcebook' but there are some UK based groups that cater for our old trucks,really handy for locating second hand parts (if required)and to keep an eye out for meetings and events.
I recently scored a real peach of an original RH front fender/wing from the NSRA swap meet in Essex amongst other truck goodies.

BTW There are hundreds of these trucks here now.

Good luck on your new adventure!

Last edited by jockbolter50; Sat Apr 09 2016 08:10 AM.

In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr .
Re: International check-in. [Re: jockbolter50] #1161011
Mon Apr 18 2016 02:52 AM
Mon Apr 18 2016 02:52 AM
R
Road Dog  Offline
New Guy
Cambridgshire UK
Yeah Jock, that's the one. It came with a few bits and pieces including the visor. I agree, they look awful so when a local caravan dwelling chap came by looking for scrap metal I let him have it! - it was the first thing I did - putting it back on.
Unfortunately it came without brakes too although this wasn't mentioned to me or the guy who delivered it. He rolled it off the trailer and near abouts went down a ditch. I rebuilt the master cylinder this weekend and they're now as good as gold. I've also got to replace the kingpins but essentially, as you say, it's a good honest truck that is pretty straight and solid. There are some jobs to do but that's the fun of it.
I was a member here a good few years ago going by the name of LimeyC10 when I had a '66 and found it of great help and made some friends along the way - still in touch with a few of them. Any links you can send me to groups here in the UK would be welcome. I used to run a national club here called UK Kustoms and wrote for Custom Car but got fed up with the back biting and bitchyness so tend to stear clear of shows and the scene, as you say the scene is too small over here for all that

Re: International check-in. [Re: jockbolter50] #1161397
Wed Apr 20 2016 09:34 AM
Wed Apr 20 2016 09:34 AM
J
jockbolter50  Offline OP
Shop Shark
Scotland
Nice one,"caravan dwelling chap" Haha!

I also remember you as LimeyC10 too.
Glad to see you've come back to the fold.

I love the idea of a visor but at 6'4" i'm not sure how i'd get on with that as I can hardly see the traffic lights as it is....lol.

Your new truck,did it have the original M/C?
As you'll no doubt find out there's hundreds of upgrades available for these trucks,so much so you can even still buy brand new cabs if ever one was needed. (at a price of course).

So what's your plans,stock,resto-mod or full custom?

The links I provided above will keep you right as far as parts are concerned.
I know what you mean too about some organisations here,they can get a bit too 'cliquey' for my liking.
Custom Car and Str**t M*chine were mostly reponsible for my addiction,I used to run into Keith Seume regularly too when he was involved in the VWDRC.

Are you on Facebook?

In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr .
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop