The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Work those trucks!

Stovebolt is pleased to support the Salvation Army!
We're doing fine but many around the World are not. Instead of making a contribution to us this holiday season, how about making your contribution to a great organization with a long history of helping people in need around the world?

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
14 registered members (5/8 ton, aggie jon, Gmetzger, bluesman, 47bolter, 2 invisible), 384 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics116,531
Posts930,236
Members42,646
Most Online940
Apr 5th, 2017
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Help with fender #779383 Fri Sep 09 2011 03:31 PM
B
bigdog58 Offline OP
Shop Shark
Found this 1956 Chevy truck I am thinking of buying and noticed the front fenders have a factory notch on the edge of the fender between the grille and the turn lamp. I have never seen this before. It is on the part that butts up to the grille.

Tried to attach pic but can't...

Please help me as I do wanna go snatch it up.

Thanks, Steve in I-DA-HO

Re: Help with fender [Re: bigdog58] #779384 Fri Sep 09 2011 03:42 PM
S
squeeze Offline
Master Gabster
that's a 57 fender, the 57 grille sits on top of that lip instead of inside as the 55/6 grill does - no big feal, can be filled, otherwise the fenders are the same

Bill

"When we tug a single thing in nature we find it attached to the rest of the world" John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics & Rust-a-holics Unanimous parking lot
Re: Help with fender [Re: squeeze] #779397 Fri Sep 09 2011 04:19 PM
B
bigdog58 Offline OP
Shop Shark
Ahhhh.....right I forgot all about that year fender. I have never had a 1957 before. Thanks a bunch Bill

Steve

Moderated by  Justhorsenround 

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop