The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Remember old days

Remember
The old Bulletin Board?

click to enter

The old Bulletin Board has been removed from the server. And with recent "spring" cleaning, we are removing links back to it. The BB is still out in cyber space (to some extent) thanks to
The Wayback Machine.
Stovebolt Site Search
'
Oh Lord, I just gotta find it....

A pdf guide to help you search the Site

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
13 members (55shaker, 68ironhead, EchoBravoSierra, EdPruss, 3B, 59 fleet), 106 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics128,110
Posts1,037,373
Members45,936
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#765368 Mon Jul 25 2011 05:59 AM
S
Shop Shark
Recently purchased the "Heater Switch-Original-Dlx" Heater Switch delux $30.95 from classic Parts and before I could get it installed it fell apart.

The problem was I pushed the power wire clip on and then went to pull it off as it was not on all the way and the switch came apart from the mount and lever as it was already mounted. Note to self - add the wires before mounting it!

The switch box is very thin light metal and pulled away from the rivet things that hold it to the mount.

Luckily I had my old switch which is bad but the lever and mount and switch box was fine. I bent the tabs back. Hard to do on the old original switch as it is beefy. The new switch box tabs bent right back real easily and I moved the insides the switch and resisters over to the old housing. Had to watch how it fell out as there is a plastic slider with a spring on it and a metal contact that slides against the board. Then I bent the tabs back on the old box. Man those are heavy duty on the old switch and then mounted it back in the cab in the deluxe heater control assembly. problem fixed and better than the replacement which would have been doomed for failure.

I had already figured out that with the glove box cardboard removed I was able to replace the switch from the bottom without having to remove all the cables and the heater assembly so that helped speed the install.

But I am really surprised how light weight that housing was made on the new switch. I guess that is to be expected with that CHINA crap. ;-)

Thankfully the rest was an exact reproduction so it's part fit the original switch box and lever perfectly!

Last edited by svwilbur; Mon Jul 25 2011 06:01 AM.
S
Shop Shark
On a positive note, I did get the following email back this morning from their customer service: "We do get defective parts every so often, sorry about that. We could have just reshipped a new one for you. I will let the parts manager be aware of the problem that you had. Thank you Mindy"

But I did not need a replacement as I was able to fix it using the old part. I just wanted to let them know about the issue.

I am sure they get the same part as all the other venders so be careful when handling the heater switches.

Moderated by  Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop