The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Nothing new here ...

STOVEBOLT FEVER

There is no cure!

Thanks to all of you, we have been virtual for over 25 years.

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
24 members (49 3100, 29tons, BJF52, '54 3600, 1951Chevy1Ton, 3B, 2 invisible), 257 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums47
Topics117,851
Posts943,067
Members43,059
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
good video on 52 truck IFS conversion
#741031 Wed Apr 20 2011 08:37 PM
T
Shop Shark
I found this by accident looking at some videos on you tube. I thought it was pretty good. It showed how to put a independent front suspension on a 52 1/2 ton truck and how to install a new dual master cylinder. And even if your not going to do the conversion It shows the front end disassembly of the truck. There is 6 parts to it and he did the conversions in what looked like a home shop. I figured it might help out some folks on the forum. Here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKv6Hq9JiHI&feature=related

Last edited by tracern1; Wed Apr 20 2011 08:39 PM.
Re: good video on 52 truck IFS conversion
tracern1 #741065 Wed Apr 20 2011 10:45 PM
O
Shop Shark
Hey cool! That is great for people like me that need to see it before I do it. Ya know.
Thanks!

olememphis51 #741068 Wed Apr 20 2011 10:51 PM
T
Shop Shark
glad to help out, I was wondering what all it took to do one of these and found this video. I also liked the part that showed the brake master cylinder conversion.

tracern1 #741834 Sat Apr 23 2011 12:22 PM
Shop Shark
glad this was free video because it was real waste of time. gave me a headache trying to watch it, really poor quality!

10 micron #741882 Sat Apr 23 2011 04:35 PM
D
Shop Shark
Looks like a video for a first grader who has no idea,what he is doing.I watched just a little of it,enough to know that if you have any idea whatsoever what you are doing this is very unnessecary crap.I have put these M2 frontends in many vehicles,and believe it or not all that is required on your part is a little bit of mechanical common sense.Yeah I know I will be run down for posting this,but it is very true.

Last edited by dale937; Sat Apr 23 2011 04:35 PM.
dale937 #741945 Sat Apr 23 2011 10:28 PM
W
Shop Shark
I thought the video was a good thing for the inexperienced guy to see. It shed some light on the procedure of the installation process. There are lots of guys out there that own these trucks but lack the mechanical common sense that some of us have. After watching the video, some inexperienced guys might get scared away from doing the installation, or others might get inspired to give it a try. I find it interesting to watch someone else's approach even thought I already know how to do it, and have installed M2 IFS and also installed Camaro/Nova clips in these trucks.

wbrowne #741999 Sun Apr 24 2011 02:54 AM
O
Shop Shark
You guys are that great at what you do than lets see what you got!
Make a better one so guys like me can use it to do our own.
I have to admit, the guy didn't have much of a camera crew or a good sound man, but he was at least trying to help some.

olememphis51 #742197 Mon Apr 25 2011 01:50 AM
T
Shop Shark
Originally Posted by olememphis51
You guys are that great at what you do than lets see what you got!
Make a better one so guys like me can use it to do our own.
I have to admit, the guy didn't have much of a camera crew or a good sound man, but he was at least trying to help some.

I agree, the fella took the time to make a free vid on how he did his conversion. I just seen it and figured it would help folks out who maybe thinking about doing one of these type of conversions. And I know the fella who did the video didn't have one of those big fancy shops like they show on TV out in commiefornia. He just had a home shop to do his conversion in. And if some folks already knew how to do a conversion why watch the vid anyway? And remeber the vid was FREE didn't cost a penny to watch. It would be like somone at the food stamp office complaining about the design of the food stamps they were getting. Some folks just crack me up.

Last edited by tracern1; Mon Apr 25 2011 02:04 AM.
tracern1 #742367 Mon Apr 25 2011 06:09 PM
W
Shop Shark
Hello tracern1 and olememphis 51 - I did enjoy watching the video, no matter what the quality of the actual recording was. I appreciate the fact that the fella took the time to video the process and share it with us. It shed a lot of light on the process of doing the conversion and had a lot of helpful tips. Tracern1 , thanks for finding the video and sharing it with us. No matter how much we know ,or think we know, there's always room to learn something new. I think my post my have been misread or misinterpreted. I did not intend to insult the fella that made the video and did not intend to insult anyone who enjoyed watching it and learning from it. Just want to set the record straight. Thanks, wbrowne

wbrowne #742449 Mon Apr 25 2011 10:08 PM
T
Shop Shark
wbrowne thanks for the response. I don't think my or olememphis replys were directed at your response. But maybe my first post was misread by a few others. I do all my own work on my restorations from the mechanical to the body work and paint. Why, because I like to learn new things and save money. There has been a lot of things I have learned and still learning doing the restorations. And one of the biggest lessons I have learned is basically what dale937 stated in his post. And that is you don't have to be a rocket scientist to do a auto restoration anyone can it's no special skill. I know a fella who dropped out of school in the 6th grade that can't read who is one heck of a body and paint man. I have met a lot of folks who were getting parts from me for thier restorations who hired out the work they had done on thier trucks. The reason being that they didn't think they could do thier own work. But once they seen how it was done they started doing it. So I figure if I see something on the net that may help someone out, I'm going to post it. After all isn't this what this forum is suppose to be about?

Moderated by  KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop