The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search
What's going on?
What's happening?

Find out in
THE SHOPS !

Genearl Truck Talk
20,267 threads; 177,521 posts
The Engine Shop
32,460 threads; 255,065 post
Driveline
8,796 threads; 65,970 posts
The Electrical Bay
9,505 threads; 74,285 posts
Sub: The Radio Bench
The HiPo Shop
5,040 threads; 46,029 posts
Paint & Body Shop
12,505 threads; 81,120 posts
Sub: The Doors
Interiors
4,059 threads; 26,817 posts
The Tool Chest
1,762 threads; 26,817 posts
Making a Stovebolt Bed
1,052 threads; 6,659 posts
Searching the Site

Get info about how to search the entire Stovebolt site here. To do a search for just the forums, get those details in the IT Shortbus fourm.
Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
11 members (Hanks custodian, Jon G, Justhorsenround, jameschevypu50, DennisM, DannyW, 1 invisible), 122 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics128,597
Posts1,041,772
Members46,055
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 31 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 30 31
B
New Guy
whats is your number i am interested in buying the crossmember kit for my 48 and 54 chevy pickup or email me with details on it

S
Wrench Fetcher
If you want to see some pics i just installed one it is not hard to do
Do a search on the hamb for superfly there is many pics there....

T
New Guy
I'm interested in your idea, but the link in your post didn't work. Is there any progress on marketing the kit?

Z
ZooKeeper
Unregistered
Bringing this back up........

S
Grumpy old guy playing with trucks, cars, and boats
Joe, do you have a need for one? Have another batch made - check out the swap meet links http://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=newpost&Board=16

Last edited by Scott Danforth; Thu May 27 2010 03:06 AM.

The problems we face today can not be addressed at the same level of intelligence we were at when we created them - Albert Einstein Or with the same level of $ - Me
Z
ZooKeeper
Unregistered
I brought it back up because I believe other then the stock suspension, your kit is the way to go to keep from clipping or even doing a frame swap. Even though I have Marge on a stretched S10 frame at the moment, I have something rolling around in my head. I just wish your kit was around 6yrs ago.
I'm thinking about starting over on my frame & stretching a stock AD 1/2ton frame and using your kit so I can get a better track width in the front, get rid of the steering box & use a rack, being able to use a stock style radiator & along with not having to cut my inner wheel wells.
But before I do anything I need to get some measurements off of a 1/2ton frame first before I decide. Got any????????..joe

S
Grumpy old guy playing with trucks, cars, and boats
Joe, do you have any CAD background, I have the front of the half ton modeled in Pro/E. however for your project, I would suggest a stretched 3/4 ton since the frame rails are parallel.

here is a link to some frame measurments http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/shop/1948_51truck/51ctsm0202.htm

http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/chevyresto/4862.htm

hope this helps for now.

The problems we face today can not be addressed at the same level of intelligence we were at when we created them - Albert Einstein Or with the same level of $ - Me
Z
ZooKeeper
Unregistered
Nope I know NOTHING about "CAD" other then a few friends work in that field.
And thanks for the info on the different between the frames.
I wasn't for sure BUT I had thought there was a difference, that's why I asked about frame specs.
Now did I read somewhere in one of your many posts on this that w/the 3/4ton frame you have to lay the kit deeper into the frame to get the drop some folks want??
Along w/possibly using dropped spindles and/or lowered springs??
Because I prefer having my beast low to the ground...joe

T
Wrench Fetcher
Scott, Have you found anybody that has installed the front suspension and posted pictures online? I have not moved on it at all. I was asked to work on finishing the basement and that has turned into a multi-year job for me.

Todd

S
Wrench Fetcher
Yeap i am here still pluggin away at life and hope to finish the build this winter, Must have the father son and grandson build you Know.

We have to keep this affair going to the next generation some how.

If anybody has ? on the build Get ahold of me I will try to help or confuse you more
Jaime

Page 19 of 31 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 30 31

Moderated by  Justhorsenround, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop