The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Happy New Year

A New Year
A New Decade
A New Vision

Ring in the new with some quality time with your old truck! A great time to tackle a winter project. If you do not have access to your truck, start your parts list for spring!
The days are officially getting longer now, you know!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
27 registered members (53 green 1- ton, Bill Trotter, Bill Marlow, Bicounty, Achipmunk, 3 invisible), 541 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics117,120
Posts935,833
Members42,785
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
New in Tampa Bay #680982 Mon Sep 27 2010 02:34 PM
J
johntsmith Offline OP
Shop Shark
I am new to this site. I found you on Friday as I was searching out answers. I wish I found you sooner.

We found “Isabelle”, a ’65 Chevy long bed stepside, in January 2010. She’s had a troubled life of abuse and neglect. Her body was in good shape, but inside she was a mess. Too many men in the past had had their way with her; all sorts of alterations with a get in and get out mentality.

We completely gutted the interior, wire brushed and acid washed it, primed and painted it. We installed sound deading insulation and then thick pile carpet on the floor. We installed NOS gauge package, steering column, radio & speakers, a/c, power windows, re-upholstered the seat, new glass all around, upholstered the door panels, new gas tank, and completely re-wired the whole truck.

The engine is the original 283. We added aluminum intake, chrome Holley carb, silver powder coated full competition Hooker Headers, Accel electronic distributor, Eldelbrock high flow water pump & valve covers, twin 2500 CFM electric fans, chrome alternater, and because we live in FL a triple core aluminum radiator.

We are in the process of painting her blue and white. New Craiger S/S rims and Dunlap 265 x 70 x 15 radials are her wheels and tires now. We’ve added chrome bumpers, chrome grill, replaced all the lights, new mirrors, and all new rubber seals.

Presently the bed is off the truck so we can paint the back of the cab. Once we painted it, we’ll start driving her without the bed while we work on restoring the bed. So far all we have driven her is in and out of the garage. I figure about 2 more weeks for her maiden voyage.

John

Last edited by Peggy M; Sun Apr 21 2013 08:04 PM.

My Fleet:
1953 Willy's Pickup

John

Vegetarian- old Indian word for bad hunter
Re: New in Tampa Bay [Re: johntsmith] #681068 Mon Sep 27 2010 07:31 PM
Achipmunk Online
Extreme Gabster
Johnt, welcome to the Stovebolt. You'll fit right in with the gang here. Your work is already paying off. I worked at the chevy dealer when I was in high school in 65/66 and those pickups hold a special place around here. Good luck, keep us posted and let us know how we can help.

1937 Chevy Pickup
1952 Chevy Panel
Pictures in my Photobucket
1950 Chevy Coupe

52 Chevy Panel

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Re: New in Tampa Bay [Re: Achipmunk] #681243 Tue Sep 28 2010 04:00 AM
1953 panel Offline
Shop Shark
Welcome John, sounds like you went all out. Good luck in the next two weeks. Also good luck with the Rays. GO RAYS GO!

Leo

Re: New in Tampa Bay [Re: 1953 panel] #681615 Wed Sep 29 2010 07:27 AM
J
jockbolter50 Offline
Shop Shark
JohnT, welcome to the 'bolt.

It looks like you managed fine without us 'til now,but of course you've finally found the right place.

Good luck with your maiden voyage,looks like there will be no problems!

I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings

"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.

1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr .
Re: New in Tampa Bay [Re: jockbolter50] #682578 Sat Oct 02 2010 12:07 PM
Joy Offline
Shop Shark
Wow!!! cool

Re: New in Tampa Bay [Re: Joy] #683074 Mon Oct 04 2010 02:40 PM
O
Old Dollar Offline
Wrench Fetcher
Beautiful, welcome.

1952 Chevy 3100
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures in Photobucket

Doin better'n some an worse than others. Life's what ya make of it. FAMILY, GOD and COUNTRY. Love it or Leave it.
Re: New in Tampa Bay [Re: johntsmith] #937467 Sun Apr 21 2013 08:03 PM
Peggy M Offline
Worker Bee
Originally Posted by johntsmith
http://s783.photobucket.com/home/johntsmith1056

I am new to this site. I found you on Friday as I was searching out answers. I wish I found you sooner.

We found “Isabelle”, a ’65 Chevy long bed stepside, in January 2010. She’s had a troubled life of abuse and neglect. Her body was in good shape, but inside she was a mess. Too many men in the past had had their way with her; all sorts of alterations with a get in and get out mentality.

We completely gutted the interior, wire brushed and acid washed it, primed and painted it. We installed sound deading insulation and then thick pile carpet on the floor. We installed NOS gauge package, steering column, radio & speakers, a/c, power windows, re-upholstered the seat, new glass all around, upholstered the door panels, new gas tank, and completely re-wired the whole truck.

The engine is the original 283. We added aluminum intake, chrome Holley carb, silver powder coated full competition Hooker Headers, Accel electronic distributor, Eldelbrock high flow water pump & valve covers, twin 2500 CFM electric fans, chrome alternater, and because we live in FL a triple core aluminum radiator.

We are in the process of painting her blue and white. New Craiger S/S rims and Dunlap 265 x 70 x 15 radials are her wheels and tires now. We’ve added chrome bumpers, chrome grill, replaced all the lights, new mirrors, and all new rubber seals.

Presently the bed is off the truck so we can paint the back of the cab. Once we painted it, we’ll start driving her without the bed while we work on restoring the bed. So far all we have driven her is in and out of the garage. I figure about 2 more weeks for her maiden voyage.

John

Re: New in Tampa Bay [Re: johntsmith] #937505 Sun Apr 21 2013 09:58 PM
Achipmunk Online
Extreme Gabster
wow, johntsmith. How in the world are you NEW to the site and your showing 585 post? smile

1937 Chevy Pickup
1952 Chevy Panel
Pictures in my Photobucket
1950 Chevy Coupe

52 Chevy Panel

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Re: New in Tampa Bay [Re: johntsmith] #937579 Mon Apr 22 2013 08:29 AM
W
Wayne67vert Offline
Shop Shark
Alvin, looks like Peggy revived this old post thread.

Wayne

When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it!

1938 1-Ton Farm Truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Photos that I have shared on Stovebolt via PhotoBucket are no longer available. Please contact me if you want a photo from an old post. malmwayne@hotmail.com
Re: New in Tampa Bay [Re: johntsmith] #937723 Mon Apr 22 2013 07:30 PM
joker Offline
Moderator, Passing Lane
must be a ghost post

Redryder

My Hotrod

I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."

Pain is part of life; misery is an option.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop