The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

EVENTS

Check in for status!

Jump over to the Events Forum, to post events -- new ones or the ones we have been enjoying for some time.
Look to see what's been cancelled or postponed.

Encourage one another!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
14 members (46paneltruck, farmallb, buoymaker, 1Ton_tommy, Comediann, 2 invisible), 158 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums50
Topics121,045
Posts970,420
Members43,829
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: 1bbl to 2bbl adapter RESULTS
#64693 Thu Aug 24 2006 12:12 PM
T
Extreme Gabster
Carbking's points are to be taken into consideration no matter what carb is used,even hi performance carbs must be matched to the manufacturers recomendations for best results.
I posted earlier on this same subject how I milled off the top of a stock 261 intake to adapt a 2 barrel carb with excellent results a few years ago.Yes, the job required a little welding,and yes the cast intake can be MIG welded,but the modification were done with common hand tools,hand held grinder,files ,drills and taps.

#64694 Fri Aug 25 2006 08:11 PM
Hmm... well I suppose just for the Hell of it I could do some measureing.

But hey, you know the integrated head inline 6's? I hear that they're garbage but they came stock with a 2bbl carburetor. Do you think it'd be logical to assume that one could cut it from the head at the 3 "arms" and weld on new ends from a removeable intake manifold? This having a two barrel, BOLT-ON intake manifold?

1967 Chevy truck "The Hurricane"

WARNING:
This suspect has a tendency to jerry-rig.

"My engine ain't fast, but I pulled a tree trunk out of the ground once."
#64695 Mon Oct 09 2006 05:13 AM
Moderator - The Electrical Bay and Rocky Mountain Bolters
how did it work out.. Rusty Rod is watching with eyes wide open!!! eek

next target!! :p

Another quality post.

Real Trucks Rattle

HELP! The Paranoids are after me!
#64696 Sun Oct 15 2006 05:32 AM
T
the carb on the integrated head engines is this weird two stage thing that any junkyard guy will laugh at you for trying to run.I had mine apart about 6 times trying to figure out wht the idle circut wasnt working.finally gave up last week and im going with a 2g.working on an adapter in tech right now that should be done monday(cnc machines are great)and then im gonna open the intake up a bit to make it flow a bit better. should work out okay.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop