The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Big Thanks!

Big THANKS to

MONGO
for hosting
the weekend event.

Read all about it.

Stovebolt Site Search
'
Oh Lord, I just gotta find it....

A pdf guide to help you search the Site

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
9 members (AlanV, BC59, EdPruss, Fox, Cosmo, BCLEM), 92 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums60
Topics125,498
Posts1,013,367
Members45,248
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Barton American UA-50 Front Mount Pump
vwlfan #941149 Mon May 06 2013 12:47 AM
J
New Guy
Howdy Gents! First, allow me to apologize for posting on a Chevy forum, but its the only place on the web where I could find anything relating to Barton American pumps. I own a 1962 Ford F800 with a Barton American UA75 that I currently use while doing brush removal around the ranch I work on. The Pump is amazing. It has a few leaks going on in 2 of the 3 ball valves. But the pump never gives up as long as its got oil in the gear case and water to pump. I see a lot of you on here are Barton Pump fans. If any of you have any user or repair manuals for the UA75 I sure would love to get my hands on a set. I want to make sure I know everything there is about this pump to make sure I run it correctly at all times. Specially during our winters in Central Oregon. Thanks for any help any of you can offer.

John R.

John R. #941224 Mon May 06 2013 11:23 AM
G
Wrench Fetcher
Hi John, if you are interested in a complete Barton American pump I have one you can have free. It is just across the border in Surrey, B.C. Its a frame mount with an in line drive system.
It would be a waste to take it to the scrappers.
Bill

vwlfan #941375 Mon May 06 2013 10:24 PM
M
Shop Shark
Bill,

What year and/or model is your midship Barton? You're about as far from me as you can get, but I've got a buddy with shipping connections, and I'd be willing to consider it to save a pump from the scrapper - they have a way of coming in handy down the road . . .

-Michael
St. Louis, MO

Please type slow, as I can't read very fast.

1939 Chevy/Central Fire Engine
1941 Chevy/American Fire Engine
1950 Chevy/American Fire Engine
In the Gallery
More Photos in Me Gallery
vwlfan #941376 Mon May 06 2013 10:28 PM
M
Shop Shark
John,

let me look around - I may have some info on a U-75, though it's a little later, and bigger, than I'm accustomed to dealing with. Stay tuned . . .

The ball valves are adjustable, I think - it has to do with disassembling it, and adjusting the seat inside by screwing it in - or out - to tighten up the seal. New gaskets do wonders with keeping the couplings from leaking, as well.

What's the serial # on your truck, and where did it serve? I have a buddy who's keeping track of all the American trucks . . .

-Michael

Please type slow, as I can't read very fast.

1939 Chevy/Central Fire Engine
1941 Chevy/American Fire Engine
1950 Chevy/American Fire Engine
In the Gallery
More Photos in Me Gallery
vwlfan #941466 Tue May 07 2013 10:40 AM
J
New Guy
Bill, thanks for the offer. Maybe you can send me some photos? You can email them to INTREPER@GMAIL.COM

Michael, thanks for looking! It's been really hard to find any info on these pumps. They were great. It's a shame they're not around anymore. About the only for sure thing I know, learned the hard way of course, is to make sure the pump is 100% drained during freezing temps. Cracked the oil cooler located underneath pump gear box. Not a pretty sight. I was able to get the chunk of brass brazed to seal again so we're back in good shape. But you bet I modified those lines to drain for sure now, haha.

Also Michael, my rig served in Polk County Oregon since day one. Shes a 1962 Ford F800 chassis with fire apparatus set up by Western States in Oregon. She's what they called a Combination Brush truck. Holds 1,000 gallons. The UA75's serial # is A2820. She now lives in Central Oregon on a private ranch. We use her year round while we do debri burning. The pumps serial

Mikestem #941478 Tue May 07 2013 12:07 PM
G
Wrench Fetcher
Hi Michael, from the ID tag on the pump it is a DMB 500. Shipping to St. Louis will not be cheap but if you're interested it's yours.

vwlfan #944462 Mon May 20 2013 01:01 AM
J
New Guy
Mikestem, any luck tracking any more info on the UA-75?

Greengrass #968225 Sat Aug 31 2013 12:20 PM
R
New Guy
I am a new member and am restoring a 1945 U-50 front mount fire pump. I am needing some parts. Is your pump still available? The main thing I need is the check valve. Thanks, Rocky

vwlfan #968269 Sat Aug 31 2013 05:09 PM
R
New Guy
I am restoring a Barton American U-50 front mount pump and need a check valve. As I get into this pump I mat find that I need more parts. I would be interested in purchasing a used U-50 pump for parts or replacing mine if your pump is in good condition.

Last edited by RSimpson; Sun Sep 01 2013 04:40 PM. Reason: incorrect pump type
RSimpson #968270 Sat Aug 31 2013 05:09 PM
V
vwlfan Offline OP
Wrench Fetcher
Hi Rocky

I still have the pump for sale. But since this is a complete pump setup from pump, to primer,to all contols I don't want to sell any of the parts to insure a future owner of the pump has all the parts. But thanks for asking.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  69Cuda 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop