The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

EVENTS

Check in for status!

Jump over to the Events Forum, to post events -- new ones or the ones we have been enjoying for some time.
Look to see what's been cancelled or postponed.

Encourage one another!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
1 members (Organbuilder), 191 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums50
Topics119,951
Posts960,604
Members43,521
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Barton American UA-50 Front Mount Pump
vwlfan #941149 Mon May 06 2013 12:47 AM
J
New Guy
Howdy Gents! First, allow me to apologize for posting on a Chevy forum, but its the only place on the web where I could find anything relating to Barton American pumps. I own a 1962 Ford F800 with a Barton American UA75 that I currently use while doing brush removal around the ranch I work on. The Pump is amazing. It has a few leaks going on in 2 of the 3 ball valves. But the pump never gives up as long as its got oil in the gear case and water to pump. I see a lot of you on here are Barton Pump fans. If any of you have any user or repair manuals for the UA75 I sure would love to get my hands on a set. I want to make sure I know everything there is about this pump to make sure I run it correctly at all times. Specially during our winters in Central Oregon. Thanks for any help any of you can offer.

John R.

John R. #941224 Mon May 06 2013 11:23 AM
G
Wrench Fetcher
Hi John, if you are interested in a complete Barton American pump I have one you can have free. It is just across the border in Surrey, B.C. Its a frame mount with an in line drive system.
It would be a waste to take it to the scrappers.
Bill

vwlfan #941375 Mon May 06 2013 10:24 PM
M
Shop Shark
Bill,

What year and/or model is your midship Barton? You're about as far from me as you can get, but I've got a buddy with shipping connections, and I'd be willing to consider it to save a pump from the scrapper - they have a way of coming in handy down the road . . .

-Michael
St. Louis, MO

Please type slow, as I can't read very fast.

1939 Chevy/Central Fire Engine
1941 Chevy/American Fire Engine
1950 Chevy/American Fire Engine
In the Gallery
More Photos in Me Gallery
vwlfan #941376 Mon May 06 2013 10:28 PM
M
Shop Shark
John,

let me look around - I may have some info on a U-75, though it's a little later, and bigger, than I'm accustomed to dealing with. Stay tuned . . .

The ball valves are adjustable, I think - it has to do with disassembling it, and adjusting the seat inside by screwing it in - or out - to tighten up the seal. New gaskets do wonders with keeping the couplings from leaking, as well.

What's the serial # on your truck, and where did it serve? I have a buddy who's keeping track of all the American trucks . . .

-Michael

Please type slow, as I can't read very fast.

1939 Chevy/Central Fire Engine
1941 Chevy/American Fire Engine
1950 Chevy/American Fire Engine
In the Gallery
More Photos in Me Gallery
vwlfan #941466 Tue May 07 2013 10:40 AM
J
New Guy
Bill, thanks for the offer. Maybe you can send me some photos? You can email them to INTREPER@GMAIL.COM

Michael, thanks for looking! It's been really hard to find any info on these pumps. They were great. It's a shame they're not around anymore. About the only for sure thing I know, learned the hard way of course, is to make sure the pump is 100% drained during freezing temps. Cracked the oil cooler located underneath pump gear box. Not a pretty sight. I was able to get the chunk of brass brazed to seal again so we're back in good shape. But you bet I modified those lines to drain for sure now, haha.

Also Michael, my rig served in Polk County Oregon since day one. Shes a 1962 Ford F800 chassis with fire apparatus set up by Western States in Oregon. She's what they called a Combination Brush truck. Holds 1,000 gallons. The UA75's serial # is A2820. She now lives in Central Oregon on a private ranch. We use her year round while we do debri burning. The pumps serial

Mikestem #941478 Tue May 07 2013 12:07 PM
G
Wrench Fetcher
Hi Michael, from the ID tag on the pump it is a DMB 500. Shipping to St. Louis will not be cheap but if you're interested it's yours.

vwlfan #944462 Mon May 20 2013 01:01 AM
J
New Guy
Mikestem, any luck tracking any more info on the UA-75?

Greengrass #968225 Sat Aug 31 2013 12:20 PM
R
New Guy
I am a new member and am restoring a 1945 U-50 front mount fire pump. I am needing some parts. Is your pump still available? The main thing I need is the check valve. Thanks, Rocky

vwlfan #968269 Sat Aug 31 2013 05:09 PM
R
New Guy
I am restoring a Barton American U-50 front mount pump and need a check valve. As I get into this pump I mat find that I need more parts. I would be interested in purchasing a used U-50 pump for parts or replacing mine if your pump is in good condition.

Last edited by RSimpson; Sun Sep 01 2013 04:40 PM. Reason: incorrect pump type
RSimpson #968270 Sat Aug 31 2013 05:09 PM
V
vwlfan Offline OP
Wrench Fetcher
Hi Rocky

I still have the pump for sale. But since this is a complete pump setup from pump, to primer,to all contols I don't want to sell any of the parts to insure a future owner of the pump has all the parts. But thanks for asking.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop