The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Nothing new here ...

STOVEBOLT FEVER

There is no cure!

Thanks to all of you, we have been virtual for over 25 years.

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
5 members (Aus42blackout, KCMongo, TPR57C, klhansen, Rusty Shackleford), 51 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums47
Topics117,767
Posts942,299
Members43,039
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
YNZ Wiring Harness
#559080 Sun Jul 26 2009 05:10 PM
B
BrianM Offline OP
Shop Shark
Back in May I ordered a completely stock harness from YNZ for my 59, 1/2 ton 235. I recieved it a few weeks ago and began to try to install it this weekend. My question is has anyone else who has purchased a YNZ harness recieved any instructions or diagrams. I was surprised that for over $500.00 there were no instructions. The only thing they provided was a small sheet of paper instructing me to lay out the new harness beside the old to compare. Im sorry but if I had the old harness in good enough shape to take out and compare I wouldn't need the new one.
I have the wiring diagram in the assembley manual but it is very difficult to read. It looks like its been copied 100 times. Is there a better, clearer wiring diagram available.
I will call them tomorrow but was hoping to get more work done today.
Thanks again.
Brian M

Re: YNZ Wiring Harness
BrianM #559109 Sun Jul 26 2009 07:27 PM
Global Mod
As a YNZ customer, I think it's an oversight and a phone call would be in order. The harness for my '38 came with a copy of the original wiring diagram, wire by wire instructions AND hand drawn images of the back of the light switch & ammeter showing which terminals get which wires. Let us know how your inquiry goes.

Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet.
The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion.
Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
Re: YNZ Wiring Harness
Tiny #560613 Thu Jul 30 2009 11:51 PM
B
BrianM Offline OP
Shop Shark
Spoke to YNZ on Monday. They told me that a wiring diagram or instruction sheet does not come with their harness for this truck. They did say they were going to mail a 59 diagram to me. I still have not received.
Anyway I have slowly plodded along trying to figure it out on my own and I have it almost done. (hopefully right) At this point in time the only confusion I have is for the wires to the ammeter on back of dash cluster. There are four prongs on back of ammeter and it looks like I have three wires left, two red. Does anyone know what wires go to what prongs and does this sound right? One looks like a 14 ga red, and one a 12 ga red. The third is a 12 ga black that goes to starter. Any help is once again appreciated

Moderated by  Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop