Well I've kinda missed my 61 longbed fleetside since the weather got nice, the new owner seems to be enjoying it and sends me updates(He's looking for a new hood if anyone has one). Angie and I just got back from one of our favourite type of holidays, the car-shopping road trip. We started by flying to Vegas for a week to attend Ron Fellows Corvette Racing School at Spring Mountain, then off to California where we racked up about 1000 miles on a rental car looking at everything for sale from Stockton to Bakersfield and over to San Jose. We found this treasure of a 61 Apache short stepside while looking at El Caminos, GTXs etc and decided it was the one. Its 100% rust free,interior and upholstery is immaculate, and all the chrome is perfect. It has a sweet-running bone stock 327 4bbl and powerglide that made the 1000 mile trip home at 75 mph on the interstates without breaking a sweat. The paint is old and a little sunbaked, but seems to come up with some heavy cut polish. I plan to fix a couple small dings and shoot it with a fresh base/clear paint job, I'll keep you posted. Thanks!

Dave and Angie Martell

http://photoshare.shaw.ca/messages/viewthumb/5242363625-1244143625-81751/parm/page/1/15/

Last edited by J Lucas; Tue Jun 30 2009 05:19 AM.