The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Work those trucks!

Stovebolt is pleased to support the Salvation Army!
We're doing fine but many around the World are not. Instead of making a contribution to us this holiday season, how about making your contribution to a great organization with a long history of helping people in need around the world?

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
18 registered members (1Ton_tommy, 55 SHAKER, 59 fleet, 5 Window 9434, amadioranch, 1 invisible), 327 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics116,599
Posts930,789
Members42,663
Most Online940
Apr 5th, 2017
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hello from Kuwait * #520331 Tue Mar 24 2009 05:55 AM
Q
Q858 Offline OP
Shop Shark
Hi everybody. I'm from Oklahoma, but I've been living and working in sunny Kuwait for about 2 and a half years now. I've got a 1958 Chevy 3200 stepside that I've had since 1989. I'm the second owner and the truck is still stock with a 235 and 3 in the tree. The truck was my first vehicle, and I used it as an everyday driver all through highschool and most of the way through college. I wish something like these forums had been available back then. It sure would have saved alot of time figuring out how to fix things or where to get some of the harder to get parts.

Right now the truck is parked until I return to the states for good, but when I come back I hope to do a full restoration. The truck is still in mechanically sound condition, and runs and drives good, but there are plenty of small detail type things that need to be taken care of, as well as a few minor upgrades I'd like to make. I'm looking forward to using the information in these forums and picking a few brains to get her back to where I want her to be.

Most of my personal belongings are in storage right now, but I do have 3 or 4 pictures of the truck. Soon as I get a chance I'll post them somewhere and add a link.

Last edited by J Lucas; Wed Mar 25 2009 03:45 AM.
Re: Hello from Kuwait [Re: ] #520338 Tue Mar 24 2009 06:45 AM
Q
Q858 Offline OP
Shop Shark
Thanks Joe. I'm working at Camp Arifjan. I'm actually a DA Civilian, not regular enlisted, but I do work with the military quite a bit, managing and maintaining the ammuntion and explosives. My position is mandatory mobility, but I agreed to do one more year here before I go back to the states. I don't know where my next assignment will be, but I'm sure looking forward to getting back on U.S. soil!

Re: Hello from Kuwait [Re: ] #520357 Tue Mar 24 2009 09:50 AM
J
jockbolter50 Offline
Shop Shark
Hi Q8 welcome to the 'bolt.
I guess you'll have a project when you get back home! grin
You've definately come to the right place for info and and parts sourcing.
I'll bet you can't wait to see some green countryside!

I think you might be the first 'sort of' Middle Eastern 'bolter!

Jock thumbs_up

I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings

"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.

1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr .
Re: Hello from Kuwait [Re: jockbolter50] #520360 Tue Mar 24 2009 10:31 AM
Q
Q858 Offline OP
Shop Shark
Thanks guys. I hope I get the chance to take you up on the offer Joe.

Bobby

Re: Hello from Kuwait [Re: Q858] #520547 Tue Mar 24 2009 11:23 PM
Achipmunk Offline
Extreme Gabster
Q858: welcome to bolt. Sounds like you got a nice truck and a big head start on what needs to be done. Good luck and let us know how we can help.

1937 Chevy Pickup
1952 Chevy Panel
Pictures in my Photobucket
1950 Chevy Coupe

52 Chevy Panel

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
Re: Hello from Kuwait [Re: Achipmunk] #520668 Wed Mar 25 2009 04:15 AM
B
Bill_B Offline
Shop Shark
Q858, Welcome to the Stovebolt, I have a nephew in Kuwait, or
may be in Iraq now...He is a Marine Sgt. and a crew chief on one of
those huge helicopters...not sure of its correct designation...
I do know He is a career Marine...Bill B

1952 Chevy 3104 Shortbed 5-window
Remember; Politicians and diapers both need to be changed
often, and for the same reason.....
Re: Hello from Kuwait [Re: Bill_B] #520670 Wed Mar 25 2009 04:27 AM
I
Iron Clad Offline
Shop Shark
Q858...Even though your not in the military thanks anyway, your still doing a job in the service of our military and country!!

Can't wait to see pictures of the truck!

Be safe and keep us posted.

Iron Clad

Moderated by  Achipmunk, Rusty Rod 

Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop