The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

EVENTS

Check in for status!

Jump over to the Events Forum, to post events -- new ones or the ones we have been enjoying for some time.
Look to see what's been cancelled or postponed.

Encourage one another!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
10 members (Elmo, 68ironhead, coilover, Jays58, jaycoop, 1 invisible), 107 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums50
Topics119,432
Posts956,235
Members43,401
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: who wants there gauges done?
46 HalfTon #480500 Wed Dec 10 2008 02:40 AM
J
Wrench Fetcher
Is this just for the 46 trucks? Or will they do other year truck gauges? I have a 37 that I would be interested in having done. John

John54 #481310 Fri Dec 12 2008 04:46 AM
R
Wrench Fetcher
I do not have plans for any other gauges other then 48-53 maybe 47 if I can get my hands on one to make a template. sorry guys unless you can gather up enough people to cut the cost down to an affordable price remember the more the better. I will keep bugging my boss

Amendment (no GMC Gauge sorry guys they are a different color set which I don't have)

O.K guys this is what I got planned. as said before the oil, fuel, battery, temp gauge and speedo are going to be screened. Alvin or AChipmunk Sent me just the face to his speedometer and postage was cheap. the speedometer is fairly easy to take apart. Now for the other faces if you take and remove the rivets the face will just come off the gauge it's self. Ya'll send my all the face sets in a protected package if they are bent I will not be able to screen them! while the gauge are away this is you time to take a little white paint (model testor paint works well) and lightly paint the needles.
O.k. now for my part when I receive them I will take inventory of your faces making sure to record if you had a 30 PSI or 60 PSI oil gauge and if you had a 80MPH or 90 MPH gauge. I will rewove the rust if any and gentle sand smooth. moving on I will paint the backgound color (satin Brown color 241239)

Note: I will not be doing the speedometer center with the chrome rim.

after all faces have been painted I will screen the numbers in white (maribu 971 ink) this were I need some input I can keep the ink as is or I can put a flattening agent in it what is you guys opinion? majority rules.

after ink has cured all parts will be shipped back to you postage paid and protected. any more questions just ask

that is the plan. I will let you know when I will get things going it may take a little bit of time and this I apologize #1 I will not start the project until I have everybody's gauge faces i can't do multiple runs #2 It is not my company and I have to work them in when we are not busy or on my own time.

I hope this doesn't turn to many of you guys off Please comment on anything I just want to help out and I am doing this for myself anyway so i thought i would help you guys out also.

rusty52stovey #481840 Sat Dec 13 2008 09:32 PM
O
Shop Shark
Rusty52:

I'm definitely in! 1951, 80 mph, 30# oil gauge. Thank you for doing this. It's also very cool of your boss to let it happen.

When will you let us know the final cost so we can send checks (will you take a check or do you want PayPal)?

Also, if you haven't already, could you publish your mailing address? I'll try to mail my gauges next week.

Regarding the whitening with or w/o the flattener, I don't have a preference and will defer to the majority.

Thanks again! Let us know if anything changes.

DJ
'51 Chevy 3104 1/2-ton 216 -- "6 cylinders, 6 volts!"
Down with sesquipedalianism!
Ol' Red #481858 Sat Dec 13 2008 10:33 PM
R
Wrench Fetcher
Checks or money order I can maybe also talk to my boss and see if a debit card or credit card could be used. I don't really like pay pal just a personal opinion.

rusty52stovey #482326 Mon Dec 15 2008 02:51 AM
Boltergeist
rusty52: I've been doing some thinking on the white color. Its my opinion to not "flatten" the white color. For me I'm getting OLD and cannot see as well as I use to...
And the white will yellow up or tone down some as it ages a little in the heat and cold.
Just my opinion but then I am not looking at how "brigt" it is without the flattening agent. I guess we'll take your decision on this one!!

1937 Chevy Pickup
1952 Chevy Panel
Pictures in my Photobucket
1950 Chevy Coupe

52 Chevy Panel

I'd rather walk and carry a Chevy hub cap than ride in a Ferd.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you smile
46 HalfTon #482365 Mon Dec 15 2008 03:58 AM
Shop Shark
Hey Rusty, I am interested as well. Mine is 0-90 mph with 0-30 oil pressure.

1953 panel #482377 Mon Dec 15 2008 04:21 AM
R
Wrench Fetcher
Alvin I agree with you the problem is I am not old enough to of had a truck back in the day when they were new I don't know if the gauges were glossy or flat. did any stovebolters have a truck when it was still considered new? were the gauges flat or gloss?

glasman #487516 Mon Dec 29 2008 06:45 AM
P
Shop Shark
I would to be interested. Mine are GMC Guages. but, I would need to contact you somehow so, I can find out what it would cost. I know shipping would be under 20.00 for overnight. as they are only the thin metal plates. iT MAY ONLY cost 6.00 to ship.

I could find more to do. please let me know...

Psacservice@aol.com

Poets Seat Auto
Appraisals, Parts, Service
Past: General Motor's Master Technician
Member: Northeast Chevy/GMC Truck Club
Phone Number: 413.774.5856
Collector of: 1951 Army Chevy Burb barn door,53 GMC COE,two 1934 Chevy Truck,1935 Chevy Army Truck.1950 Gmc Suburban clamshell these are just my chevy/gmc trucks.
PoetsSeatAuto #490889 Wed Jan 07 2009 09:15 PM
Wrench Fetcher
i am interested in having my gauges refaced. i am also in the Minneapolis area. When would you need to have the gauges forwarded to you? I have not removed them from my sub yet but will be soon.

Mike

Mike
51sub #495213 Mon Jan 19 2009 09:55 PM
R
Wrench Fetcher
Sorry no one has heard from me in awhile. I think many of you know why. My boss gave me a paid break from work for this month to deal with the death of my son. He also lost a child himself and knew how hard it is. The gauges are in the plans still there is just a delay. I hope this doesn't inconvenience to many of you

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop