The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

EVENTS

Check in for status!

Jump over to the Events Forum, to post events -- new ones or the ones we have been enjoying for some time.
Look to see what's been cancelled or postponed.

Encourage one another!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
7 members (Rusty Rod, klhansen, MNSmith, KDrown, rfs56trk, 1 invisible), 182 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums50
Topics120,945
Posts969,505
Members43,798
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
my power brakes stopped working,help!
#29763 Sat Nov 24 2001 03:44 AM
K
kool 65 Offline OP
My street truck rod 65 chevy , has a 350-350turbo, it has after market power assisted brakes, but they just stopped working last night, the brake fluid is fine but no power brakes, help!,thanks kool guy frown

Re: my power brakes stopped working,help!
#29764 Sat Nov 24 2001 04:43 AM
M
Do you have a vacuum leak?

Do you hear a leak when you step on the brakes?

I would guess the vacuum line to the manifold is either lose or has a hole in it,possibly the checkvalve at the connectionon the brakebooster.

The other posibility is there is a problem with the diaphragm in the brake booster.

There is enough good in the worst of us and enough bad in the best of us that it does not behoove any of us to criticize the rest of us.
-
-
Be yourself. If you are ever lost, It will be much easier to find yourself if you know who you are!
Re: my power brakes stopped working,help!
#29765 Sun Nov 25 2001 07:05 AM
K
kool 65 Offline OP
Yes, YEs there is definitly a hissing sound when I step on the brakes, also, it appears as though the lights go dim and bright when the brakes are pressed and the rpm seems affected and goes up a couple of notches, I will check the hose and the valve thingy tomorrow, thanks, kool 65 frown frown frown

Moderated by  Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop