The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

EVENTS

Check in for status!

Jump over to the Events Forum, to post events -- new ones or the ones we have been enjoying for some time.
Look to see what's been cancelled or postponed.

Encourage one another!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
14 members (46paneltruck, farmallb, buoymaker, 1Ton_tommy, Comediann, 2 invisible), 158 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums50
Topics121,045
Posts970,420
Members43,829
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Lokar Shifter
#24762 Sun Jul 28 2002 04:28 PM
B
Shop Shark
Anyone using the Lokar Nostalgia Shifter. I found a Chevy 350 w/auto trans to put in my 55-1st. I like the look of the Nostalgia Shifter. Is it an easy installation?
Buddy in AK

"Keep the shiny side up....."
'50 GMC Suburban
'55 1st Chevy Pickup
http://community.webshots.com/user/buddyinak
Re: Lokar Shifter
#24763 Sun Jul 28 2002 11:32 PM
J
shouldn't be any different installing than their other shifters, the only difference is the stick.

Re: Lokar Shifter
#24764 Mon Jul 29 2002 03:19 AM
J
Shop Shark
I installed one in my 37'. It was pretty easy. I had to set it at the front of the mount they sent to clear the seat. I don't know if that had something to do with it or not, but I had to cut the Lokar lever that mounted on the transmission shifter shaft and make it longer. The shifter it self is all most on top of the shift shaft. This may be why the leverage was wrong. After that little problem, it worked out great. I even mounted the stock park brake lever to the right side shifter bracket. Its a little high, but carpet and a boot over the lever and you will never know. Joe

Moderated by  Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop