The Stovebolt Page Forums Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Helping out ...

EVENTS

Check in for status!

Jump over to the Events Forum, to post events -- new ones or the ones we have been enjoying for some time.
Look to see what's been cancelled or postponed.

Encourage one another!

Stovebolt Site Search

Old Truck Calendars
Months of truck photos!
Nothing like an old truck calendar

Stovebolt Calendars

Check for details!

Who's Online Now
4 members (49shep, Matthewnotmatt, Fox, Hotrod Lincoln), 250 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums50
Topics120,060
Posts961,569
Members43,548
Most Online1,229
Jan 21st, 2020
Image Posting Policy
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Ideas for gluing Wiskers?
#235997 Tue Jun 19 2007 05:02 PM
N
Shop Shark
On the wisker strips for the truck windows (AD truck) I am not looking forward to attempting to line up and set staples like original and I don't want to use little screws with the heads showing. Does anyone have a recommendation for a glue that would hold them? On pros or cons on gluing? Thanks in advance

1950 Chevy 3100
261, 4 speed
Purchased 1977

1964 Pontiac Lemans Convert
Re: Ideas for gluing Wiskers?
#235998 Tue Jun 19 2007 05:46 PM
L
Shop Shark
Hello Nifty 50,
I recently did just that. I glued my new whisker strips on with that thick black weather strip adhesive made by 3M. Pre-fit the pieces to be sure there aren't any gaps then apply adhesive to both window frame and strip along their entire length and let it dry a bit until it is tacky and stick the both pieces together. Put them together carefully just the way you want them because you don't get a second chance once the pieces touch together. That black stuff can get messy so try to put just enough glue on so that it doesn't ooze up and out on the top edge. Doesn't matter if it oozes on the bottom edge because you'll never see it. The strip needs to be clamped while it is drying (kind of tricky on the contour). I used those tiny Quick-Grip clamps. From what I can tell, those pieces will never come apart on their own. I figure it can't hurt anything in the long run.

1948 AD Pickup

Moderated by  Justhorsenround 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Forum | Swap Meet | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop